deer locked together

That is one lucky deer.
I wonder what was going through his mind, with those coyotes snacking on his mate ?

what a prick!!
WTF was he doing cutting the antler of the LIVE buck! he only did that to save the head for himself and in the process left the live one with a fecking great head injury!

I for one dont belive coyotes would have eaten the dead one and left the live one. they hunt in packs and will bring down a young steer and easily take a debilitated whitetail buck.
much more likely to be something smaller over a period of time

Yeh seamed a strange situation. TBH I would have killed the second one, it could get infection from the cut to the face/head. This was a very stressfull situation for the animal. I too was a little bemused as to why he cut the wrong antlers!!

Dave

Knowing how animals cope with injuries I'd put good money on that buck being ok in the long run.

quite possibly but it wasnt bleeding when he arrived!
when faced with a situuation where you are handcuffed to a corpse....you wouldnt cut your own hand off!

I to thaught he would have cut the antler of the dead deer, bit of a no brainer that one :doh:

or as bewsher says he's took the other antlers once they've turned the camera off !!

Rgds, Buck.

[QU
OTE=Cougar;297159]Knowing how animals cope with injuries I'd put good money on that buck being ok in the long run.[/QUOTE]

+1 cougar at least it got a chance to survive

Maybe a little naively i to thought at least it would possibly survive and have to admit it never crossed my mind to cut the antlers off the dead deer but when someone pointed it out its obvious thats the logical decision.

George

I can only assume he cut the live deer's antlers off to avoid him being gored if he cut the other and it lurched forward?

Come on, it's easy to be critical. With or without it's antlers, I am sure we are all pleased that the beast didn't suffer a horiffic death and got to live and fight another day.

What a bunch of complete idiots......:cuckoo: and they cut the antlers off the live one lol. ..... Wlecome to red neck skool for the mentally challenged hill billies.... Also how long did it take them to work out what to do...bloody clip annoyed the hell out of me.... And theses cretins are out with guns....:cuckoo:

Back