Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: fallow in east linton area

fallow in east linton area

are there many fallow in the east linton area? was chatting with a keeper recently who says there are some herds in this area but ive never seen any only roe.

I have seen plenty of roe in and around the area but never any fallow (doesn't mean they are not there though)

never seen or heard of any in East Lothian either..I'd be really really surprised if that was the case.

Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    never seen or heard of any in East Lothian either..I'd be really really surprised if that was the case.
    According to my notes, I saw some about a mile west of Whitekirk one morning recently. There is a small herd thereabouts. The keeper's instructions were to leave them alone. Regards JCS
    Last edited by jcampbellsmith; 19-12-2011 at 14:24. Reason: can't spell

Being from Haddington I can say 20 years back there was definately none in the area and from speeking to a few mates of mine who are out running and cycling in the area regularly they have never mentioned it so I think this guy is having you on unless there is a relatively new enclosed herd or some have escaped from an enclosed herd.

thanks jcampbell I know the area well, i saw a trio of large looking roe one morning near whitekirk (near the turf farm) on a winter wheat field but didnt have binos so I couldnt make out exactly what they were, so it sounds as if there could well be a small fallow population there then, cheers for the info will keep my eyes peeled

i did hear that there was a herd of fallow released around east fortune

do you know roughly how long ago this was smudge?

I would be interested to hear where they came from if they are in the area.

not to sure ! i was stalking across there this time last year and the owner of the ground was gifted a herd of fallow which were released around that area !