Variation with an unfilled 'slot'

Apache

Don't know the answer to this one, not a situation I have experienced before.

I have an unfilled slot on my FAC (FAC shotgun) and want to apply for a variation to add 2 or 3 new slots. I want to keep the FAC shotgun slot, giving me 3 or 4 open slots when the FAC comes back.

Clearly I don't list a gun I don't have in box 17 (guns I already have) but the title of box 19 details of firearms you wish to purchase acquire or posses. Do I list the FAC shotgun in there even though they have given me permission to buy one already or just the 2 or 3 new guns I want?

What I don't want is my FAC back missing the slot I already had granted.

Thanks for your time, chaps

Well I have just been through something similar.

I have a .308 I also had a spot for a 30-06 which I had not purchased.

I applied for a new .308, a 300 win mag and a .17HMR

I am sure (but not 100% sure) I asked them to take the 30-06 off. But they left it on.

So I can now have
2 x .308
1 x 300 win mag
1 x 30-06
1 x .17 HMR

Got to love the MET.

Ask for it again or you wont get it, because you haven't purchased said item you may not have a need for it so they will argue you dont need it" so have a good reason as to why you haven't purchased one yet !!

Right - I will add that to the box in section 19 and make a note on the covering letter.

I got 4 guns (3 with moderators, so 7 slots) added this September and I have filled 6 of them. I don't have endless money. The slot hasn't been open for long!

Thanks for people's help

Merry Christmas.

You should not need to ask for it again as an authority to acquire lasts for the duration of the FAC, if your licence comes back without the shotgun then you tell them that they left it off and tell them to re-instate the authority.

Ian.

You should not need to ask for it again as an authority to acquire lasts for the duration of the FAC, if your licence comes back without the shotgun then you tell them that they left it off and tell them to re-instate the authority.

Maybe in your force area but not here, and anyway why take the chance that it will be missed off and cause the OP extra grief getting it back on?

List it in the 'purchase, acquire or possess' 19 box on the Form 101 and it's all done and dusted. Otherwise an FLD admin drone could well miss it and it will just drift off into limbo.

Back