Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tripods -Help

Tripods -Help

Hi all, I need some advice on a shooting tripod. I have narrowed it down to either the Primos Trigger stick tripod (great deal at the mo from Bushwear) or the Bog Pod CDL3. I like the idea of the Primos but being such a short git, don't know if I can use it sitting down. I have heard some good things about the Bog-pod's. Need something light and not bulky.

Any views experiences would be greatly welcomed.

thanks in advance.

Just got a primos tripod and I have mixed views - its very stable and self levelling legs are great, it's easy to operate but weighs nearly 2 kilos.

I've never seen either in the flesh but I've just ordered a bog pod as they look sturdy and they seem to have good write ups. I won't have it until after the new year so I can't advise until I get them.

The primos adjustment settings look great but at over 2kg is a bit heavy but not that bad.
    UK Guy
    Last edited by UK Guy; 21-12-2011 at 16:36.

Uk Guy,
    I would be very interested to get a quick view of the bog pod.

Who in God's name would carry a two KG set of shooting sticks? The mind boggles.

Get ye to B&Q and buy some green garden canes, under 2 each. Get the rubber inner tube from a bicycle annd cut it into strips. Make yourself a set of sticks at under 8.....

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

I have a Primos and the weight is not an issue.
    The easy and fast adjustment of height etc brings it into its own, especially on uneven ground.
    A few Does have found themselves in the cull that would have been too uncomfortable a shot with "traditional" styles of tripods.

Quote Originally Posted by godfather View Post
    Uk Guy,
    I would be very interested to get a quick view of the bog pod.
    I haven't had time to pick them up yet (I knew I should have had them posted!!!)

Ive reserved them and will be picking them up next week (hopefully Wednesday)

I will let you know what I think of them
    UK Guy

I have been using a bog pod for over two years (I'm on my second as I snapped a leg) in short they are excellent. Yes they can be a little slower to set up than twin sticks but a little practice makes perfect, the head is a proper swivel head which means you can follow a target easily ie. a running deer which may stop. I have been responsible for a lot of sales of these sticks as I teach a lot of people to shoot from sticks at the range and many go away and buy a set (usually from reloading solutions). The only improvement that can be made is something around the legs to stop them clanking together. You will not be disappointed.

Welcome to Corinium Rifle Range

do you know how much the Bog Pod's weight?