CWD Scores

shootingduckdog

Hi all, and a Merry Xmas to all!!! I had a phone call today from Richard Prior who was measuring the teeth from my CWD that I took a couple of weeks ago with Ian and Jo F. The score is 258!!!!!!! He told me that this is as big as he has seen. Now whilst not trophy hunting this has got me grinning from ear to ear but I cannot find any point of reference for scores for CWD other than 210 being gold. What scores do you all know of?

Oh and a great big THANKS again to Ian

The current CIC UK record for CWD stands at 262 points for a trophy from Buckinghamshire from 2004.

From the current edition of the CIC Record of United Kingdom Trophies ( Edition 6 Jan 2011) which lists 152 gold medals, for the species, but does not include those judged this year. Hope this helps

From the current edition of the CIC Record of United Kingdom Trophies ( Edition 6 Jan 2011) which lists 152 gold medals, for the species, but does not include those judged this year. Hope this helps

Is that publication available on line or just hard copy?

Roy
I would go and get it re- measured
As another judge may score it higher, 4 points is not a lot when you are talking that high in the scale
For reference a guy I know regularly shoots CWD that consistently would make approx 240+ points
If you pm cwd222 he has a bag full that range from 230+
But it sure is a good score
Congrats mate on it

shooting times publish a list every year this maybe on line , CIC dont recignise any measured by BASC so bigger ones may be out there

Paul k, the record of united kingdom trophies is not currently available on line. If however you need to access any of it's detail please, pm me and I will answer any questions you have. The UK Commission is looking at options to publish the full record. As in past seasons the species reviews will be published in Shooting Times in the New Year

The one below was measured by the old master, the late G. Kenneth Whitehead at 198 CIC points using the old formula when I think `Gold` was 180 points.
I wonder what it would be today under the new system ?
HWH.

CWDscullGOLD001.jpg

Paul k, the record of united kingdom trophies is not currently available on line. If however you need to access any of it's detail please, pm me and I will answer any questions you have. The UK Commission is looking at options to publish the full record. As in past seasons the species reviews will be published in Shooting Times in the New Year

Thanks for the offer, I'm a bit of an anorak and just like browsing the lists. I always look forward to the ST reports each year.

Back