Vixen calling

@theroedeerguy

Heard a vixen calling last night, seems pretty early but wondering if anyone else has been hearing much?

Unforunately it has been very wet here in Fife and spotlighting opportunities using a vehicle have been limited but early morning and late afternoon outings have proven effective if not quite as "sociable".

Regards

BP

Heard a vixen calling last night, seems pretty early but wondering if anyone else has been hearing much?

Unforunately it has been very wet here in Fife and spotlighting opportunities using a vehicle have been limited but early morning and late afternoon outings have proven effective if not quite as "sociable".

Regards

BP
Was out last night and heard a vixen calling, down here in the west country.

We have had them calling for about a month with us, also a pair together a couple of weeks ago and had the vixen sadly not the dog. It does seem early as we shot a vixen who seamed very well on and her belly was very large already.

Jonathon

About six weeks calling round here, this am @ 4.00 woken by a Vixen down in the meadows, this is the second time in a week for her!, just a shame the area is a little too nimbyfied for laying a rifle over the balcony rail!:D

A lad dropped me an email yesterday, said he had called a big dog in from over 300 yards with the Vixen call on his Foxpro. Dropped it at 100 yards or so once he managed to stop it!!!!

They have been calling sporadically here in Devon for at least 6 weeks but recently it's gone very quiet. You would expect them to be in full cry for another couple of weeks.
Having vixens well in cub already seems pretty early. The weather conditions this past few months certainly have affected many things in the countryside.

went out with the lad last nite to do a bit of bunny bashing could hear them calling on the way back to the van picked up 2 settes of eyes at the end of a small paddock (only had 22 rimmy with us) they keep for later so looks like there are pairing up?????

got one coming to bait outside the house making a right din waking the dogs then me and mrs norma ,but its lampshy to the enth degree need some nv :D its a second hand fox i have inherited for next door as i havent missed a fox for a while ,wish i could say the same about deer ,but thats another story :D

only just up the field from the house keeps em busy pulling the fur ect through the mesh ,the wifes gsd's like it too if the gates are open :D tend to spike a few carcases outside to get em used to it then just topup the cage then bingo .lazy old keeper eh

make sure you secure it to a post and put a lid to stop em climbing in .empty bones ect annually or when we had a game conservancy shoot walk :D

never had em dig under yet as it is spiked down gr8 spot for a steathcam thingy if i had one ,as for the GC, boss thought the old boys who organised last yrs shoot walk for us here might not approve of the bait station :D

Oh I see!:D

As for them digging under it was just my first thought as they'll dig under a larsen to try and get to the call bird that was all.

Last edited:
Back