alloy stock for cz452 Hmr

treetop

hello,
and merry xmas....

I am after an alloy stock to fit cz452 Hmr action....
I know of a few for the .22 action, but none for the Hmr...

it must be an alloy stock.... dont want wood or plastic, thanks...

so was wondering, if anybody had one, or had one made, or just wanted one ( if there was a few, we could get some made !!) ????

cheers
Al.

First what alloy actions do you know of for the .22 ?
Second. it would not be that difficult to modify a .22 one for the HMR, it is after all alloy so can be
machined and welded to suit. But all it would really need is a longer slot for the mag well, and depending
on which HMR action it is maybe an extra bolt hole.

Neil.

hi,
Jon at cpg designs does one, that uses a m4 / ar15 grip & butt, its very nice.... he was going to do some for the Hmr, but got side tracked on a Remi 700 model..
in the USA, a company called PDC make stocks, they do one's for .22.... actions like cz, savage, ect
links:
CPG Design Custom Precision Gunparts
PDC Custom | The premier rifle chassis maker

I was under the impression that you couldnt make a .22 fit a Hmr, as the receiver fixing hole on the .22 is where the mag slot on the Hmr is and the Hmr is secured at the rear of the action, also lenght of the action....
it would be great if it could, but I was told it wouldnt work...

cheers

Receiver length is the same, forward action screw and mag well is different.
To fit the hmr you would need to lengthen the mag well cut out and drill a front action screw hole.
The rear screw will work as it is, as will the hole for the lug.
Some HMR and WMR use a front action screw that is threaded in to the very front of the action, but some earlier ones
plus a few 'odd ones' use a front action screw that is threaded in to the front of the mag well.

Neil. :)

spoke to him again....
recons that its .... no way ...!!
its somwthing to do with the vee bedding & reciever inlet, that cant be changed, it needs a complete new drawring & cnc machining..

front screw is on mag well.. rear on piller..
thats why its a shame... I always thought you could, but the man that designed it, says no !!

spoke to him again....
recons that its .... no way ...!!
its somwthing to do with the vee bedding & reciever inlet,

Vee bedding, what he means is he took a shortcut and didn't machine a proper bedding area, so it just fits where it touches.
As for not being able to modify it, well I have put HMR's in a CZ .22lr wooden stock, so it can be done.
If you can weld and machine aluminium it can be done easily.

As for the front action screw on the mag well, it isn't ideal, probably why CZ changed it, there is room to drill and tap the front of the receiver just like the newer ones if you so desire.

its a sort of stepped vee shape inside rather than a inleted snug fit..
I will bow down to your supperior knowledge on this, as I cant weld alloy let alone try to machine it....
unfortunatly for me....

thus, I am looking for someone else that has or wants to !!!???!!.... lol

its a sort of stepped vee shape inside rather than a inleted snug fit..
I will bow down to your supperior knowledge on this, as I cant weld alloy let alone try to machine it....
unfortunatly for me....

thus, I am looking for someone else that has or wants to !!!???!!.... lol

What about asking the maker to modify one for you, or getting an engineer to do it for you ?
If it wasn't for the fact I no longer work in engineering I would have had a go.

I have..... its a no from him... he says he will look at them again in the future..
he wants to do one for the cz455 1st...

I dont know of anyone to modifie one... but for the cost of the original + modify, thought it would be better just to find another one, or get one made...

Is it the alloy stock you want, or just that style of stock ?
I have seen pics of CZ's with that style of stock in synthetic on the RFC CZ forum.

hi,
no it has to be an alloy chassis... the plastic stocks are to expensive for what they are, & wood just dont do it for me...!!
I used to shoot a Grunig & Elmiger stock on my .22 annie, it was loverly, so adjustable, once done it fitted perfectly every time..
it was a joy to shoot, wish I had of kept it now.... still , nevermind..

Looks like your out of luck then.
How about going back to an Annie alloy stock, it realy can't be that hard to make it fit.
You can put a CZ action in a target type Annie wood stock with very little work.

Back