Any one for gold medal roe buck ??

they dont look like any medals ive seen , each to their own , i wouldnt want to buy any medals or heads that were someone elses but i think your making too much out of whats just a bit of stay bright metal

They aren't any good without the official document that itemises all the relevent measurments that add up to the total required for a Gold or any other medal so on it's own it isn't worth tuppence :(

Maybe it just me but if I was to shoot a medal it would be for the memory of the hunt. I am not intrested in getting a little medal

It is the British CIC medal and like said with out paper work is not much good. Most people now get the official CIC trophy its got the world map and a picture of four animals on the reverse

A few confused comments here.You dont get awarded the medal if you get your head scored,you have to buy it.The bit that means anything is the certificate.If you get a head scored you dont have to buy a medal,and you might get one cheaper from the likes of Ebay.Whats so wrong with buying a medal from Ebay if you can get it cheaper?Its not cheating as long as your head has been scored to make that award.Granted it is the old medal that looks crap but some folk still have the originals.

I am pretty sure that if a head is measured and fits the criteria for an 'award' or to put it another way to help clear up any confusion about 'awards', fits the criteria to qualify for a medal standard, there is a charge for the Certificate which includes the medal.
As for not shooting a Deer just to obtain a medal just the memory, I'm sure there are quite few Stalkers that would not only like to retain the memory of that particular stalk, but would also like to have something to show for it.
I am quite sure one of our learned measurers will put us right shortly.

EmcC when you get a head measured there are two cost the measure rs cost that will include paperwork stating if it made a medal or not. If it made a medal then it will tell you the medal it scored for eg bronze 105 -114 silver 115 - 129 Gold 130 - above. If you then want the medal you need to purchase that separately. I hope i am not teaching the proverbial granny to suck egg,s
I see the currnt bid is £20 and i am sure i bought mine for £20 many years ago.

Last edited:
EmcC when you get a head measured there are two cost the measure rs cost that will include paperwork stating if it made a medal or not. If it made a medal then it will tell you the medal it scored for eg bronze 105 -114 silver 115 - 120 Gold 130 - above. If you then want the medal you need to purchase that separately. I hope i am not teaching the proverbial granny to suck egg,s
I see the currnt bid is £20 and i am sure i bought mine for £20 many years ago.

Spot on, i've watched many stalkers pay for the certificate, then being asked if they would like the appropriate medal and refuse.

I think the best way to look at the medal it is as an extra way of honouring the animal when the head is on display.

Hi Rudy and Roe700,
You are probably correct about the two prices, it does make sense.
I have only, in recent years, got involved with 'medal heads' and that was more than a couple of years ago.
That was getting two measured for others and one for myself, when I saw what the others got !! and of course in those cases it was to get both the paperwork and the medal so the two prices didn't come up in conversation.
I think I paid £30 for them then, but even that isn't clear so could be wrong as I think it was about five years ago.

I think the best way to look at the medal it is as an extra way of honouring the animal when the head is on display.

I agree.

The current cost in Scotland is £15 to have the head measured, which comes with the CIC certificate, but is only charged if the the head achieves a medal, free if not, then if you want the actual medal then it is £15.
Picked up yesterday a roebuck that i had called and shot during the rut from being measured and happy to say it made bronze :lol:

Moose

I agree.

The current cost in Scotland is £15 to have the head measured, which comes with the CIC certificate, but is only charged if the the head achieves a medal, free if not, then if you want the actual medal then it is £15.
Picked up yesterday a roebuck that i had called and shot during the rut from being measured and happy to say it made bronze :lol:

Moose

I thought you only shot GOLD medals :rofl:

I agree.

Moose

Gentlemen,

The CIC price list is as follows:

The measurement of a trophy including the measuring form, CIC certificate and medal cost either £30 or £40 depending on species. The lower rate of £15 or £20 is for the measurement and form only. Heads not making medal level are measured free of charge. See CIC UNITED KINGDOM PERMANENT NATIONAL TROPHY COMMISSION

TDW

Just to throw a spanner in the works re fleabay, did anyone else see the DSC2 badge for sale earlier this year??? Is there now someone boasting of his/her skills with their nice badge on their lapel. :-|

Me thinks DMQ should put conditions on these that they must not be sold.

i agree 270wsm people use these things to there advatage that come up for sale. normaly are awarded as an achevment/Qualifacation.
normaly (joe public) carnt get hold of dsc badges, medals ect, unless they do the assesments/Qualifacations or actualy have heads scored and be awarded these things.

To be fair, I lost my L2 badge, well left it lying in the house somewhere and if I could get one delivered under a fiver I would get it because as you now, the original would turn up next day.

its all a load of old arse , if folk are happy to fool theirselves let um get on with it , who cares , i do training courses for my own good not to impress others and the same with the 3 medal heads on the walls their there for me not others

Back