Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What 243

What 243

Hi guys

I currently have an xbolt in 243 for deer stalking and foxing but iv been offered a great deal on a rem 700 vls with a good trade in on xbolt.

What do you think is te better gun??

Cheers rob

The grass always seems greener, but is it?

Keep the Browning !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have a vls 700 in 22.250 i wouldnt lug that about for deer if it was 243 mate and should you add a mod well you may need 3 shredded wheat ,never had a x bolt but have a couple of steyrs good value imho
    good hunting norma

I quite like remington rifles but you don't want to lug that thing around with you.
    The long varmint barrel and heavy stock are maybe an advantage on the range but not for stalking.
    Rather get the xbolt bedded if not done yet.

Why are you wanting to change rifle?

I think it is all down to what you feel most comfortable with, if you have confidence in you X-Bolt why change !

Not that I'm knocking Remington's I'm not, my first CF was one and I could'nt fault it.

An out of the box Tikka is Fine & Dandy.

All the Best Boab Whichever you choose.

Rgds, Buck.
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"

Told him from the start to get a Tikka but he never listens Dont worry guys hes not called bigboab for nothing im sure he'll manage to carry the rifle about no probs ,although the rifle and a sika might be beyond him

Stick with the x-bolt, unless you have a very good reason to change? Can't knock remmys either as I have the 700 sps but as said before you will notice a big difference in weight for stalking, not sure how good laminate feels/grips in the wet either, would have thought it might be a bit slippy IMHO?

Keep the X bolt.
    Blaser K95 Luxus Kipplaufbüchse .25-06Rem. Zeiss 8x56, 110gn Nosler Accubond = Game Over!

Thanks for the advice guys. Weight isn't to big an issue for me. Used to carry my ft airgun all over the place and that was a fair weight. And the stalking is all forestry and high seats so I'm not walking 10 miles or that. To be honest I don't really like the xbolt. It's a nice looking gun but I just can't get on with the new feather trigger. And i'm a sucker for nice shiney looking rifles!lol and from what I here I can pretty much customise everything on these rifles. Still pretty new to all this only started in April so just trying to find my feet

if I'm really struggling weight wise hwsnipper can be my gillie!!lol