This one is for anyone who has inhalers around the house. My spaniel has been rushed to the vets tonight with albuterol poisoning having got hold of one of my ventolin inhalers. He put his tooth through the canister, giving himself a massive dose of salbutamol/albuterol which resulted in his heart rate going through the roof. I called the vets emergency line and was advised to bring him straight in. He's had some blood tests, some treatment and is now in for constant observation overnight. You know how it is with dogs, I'm worried sick.
On an aside, Hales Veterinary Group have been brilliant. I'm due an update on his condition at 11.30pm.