Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: the sporting rifle.

the sporting rifle.

well thats a bonnie picture on the front of the sporting rile this month,,ehhh teresa..

and the price has jumped from jan 3.95 to feds issue 4.25 thats a whooping 0.30 pence

needs to have more jugs and less ads in it like Bulgarian shooting mags for that price

used to be a good reed but now sadly full of bull s**t

think i start and give it a miss in the new year, not a lot in it nowadays compared to when it first come out. to much about shooting exotic animals in africa, does'nt do much to promote shooting to the general public just gets there back up, lets have more about deer and fox shooting and an emphasis on safe shooting and courses that are available throughout the UK

Just got my copy this morning, every article is just like a bl**dy advert if you ask me.
    They may be half way through a stalk or lamping trip and you get the full what they are wearing made by so and so.
    Or you just have to have this brand new rifle/scope/mod or lamp.
    Someone must be getting some serious backhanders somewhere down the line.

On the plus side I do enjoy reading the african hunting trips, but do wonder how often you can write about lamping.
    Just my two pennys worth.

I think its a lot better than it was a year or 2 ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoony View Post
    and the price has jumped from jan 3.95 to feds issue 4.25 thats a whooping 0.30 pence
    That's 6/- in old money!!

The magazine could do with more in depth articles. It doesn't take much more than a half hour to read from cover to cover.
    I really don't like the information regarding the equipment used at the end of a story, who the hell can afford to shell out the prices on some of the kit? I know I can't. Why can't the contributors go stalking in army surplus gear that costs peanuts instead of clothing and gear running into thousands? Why not review the cheapest and most affordable stalking kit and let us know what that's like? Not all of us are sponsored by the biggest and most expensive names on the market, I wish they could take a little reality check once in a while.
    Best Regards,

Jedward. The reason why there are two barrels on a shotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by re'M'ington View Post
    That's 6/- in old money!!
    fair enough,but its bugger all in oor money,christ a bar o choclate is 60 pence plus>>>!!