the sporting rifle.

and the price has jumped from jan £3.95 to feds issue £4.25 thats a whooping £0.30 pence

think i start and give it a miss in the new year, not a lot in it nowadays compared to when it first come out. to much about shooting exotic animals in africa, does'nt do much to promote shooting to the general public just gets there back up, lets have more about deer and fox shooting and an emphasis on safe shooting and courses that are available throughout the UK

Just got my copy this morning, every article is just like a bl**dy advert if you ask me.
They may be half way through a stalk or lamping trip and you get the full what they are wearing made by so and so.
Or you just have to have this brand new rifle/scope/mod or lamp.
Someone must be getting some serious backhanders somewhere down the line. :evil:

On the plus side I do enjoy reading the african hunting trips, but do wonder how often you can write about lamping.
Just my two pennys worth.

ATB

Nick.

The magazine could do with more in depth articles. It doesn't take much more than a half hour to read from cover to cover.
I really don't like the information regarding the equipment used at the end of a story, who the hell can afford to shell out the prices on some of the kit? I know I can't. Why can't the contributors go stalking in army surplus gear that costs peanuts instead of clothing and gear running into thousands? Why not review the cheapest and most affordable stalking kit and let us know what that's like? Not all of us are sponsored by the biggest and most expensive names on the market, I wish they could take a little reality check once in a while.

The magazine could do with more in depth articles. It doesn't take much more than a half hour to read from cover to cover.
I really don't like the information regarding the equipment used at the end of a story, who the hell can afford to shell out the prices on some of the kit? I know I can't. Why can't the contributors go stalking in army surplus gear that costs peanuts instead of clothing and gear running into thousands? Why not review the cheapest and most affordable stalking kit and let us know what that's like? Not all of us are sponsored by the biggest and most expensive names on the market, I wish they could take a little reality check once in a while.
Totally agree would be nice if they field tested a few of the lower end of the market of gear. I do enjoy reading it though, and theres nothing else to read.

They may be half way through a stalk or lamping trip and you get the full what they are wearing made by so and so.
Or you just have to have this brand new rifle/scope/mod or lamp.
Someone must be getting some serious backhanders somewhere down the line. :evil:

ATB

Nick.

I agree with that as it pi$$es me off too but I'd rather read sporting rifle than the shooting times.

certainly from what i have seen if there is any outdoors stalking kit worth having,it is well advertised on sporting rifle,and if it aint its not worth having....

Does any body get modern gamekeeping magazine/paper, its more or less the same contributors.
Some articles are similar, but there is one or two interesting articles on gamebird health and normally one on trapping.
Just checked the price on it, at £4.95 it's enough but is there anything else to cover keepering ?

Does any body get modern gamekeeping magazine/paper, its more or less the same contributors.
Some articles are similar, but there is one or two interesting articles on gamebird health and normally one on trapping.
Just checked the price on it, at £4.95 it's enough but is there anything else to cover keepering ?
A great paper, they send me every issue for some reason, I havent got a clue why but it saves me a fiver.

why do i seem to get that ''paper'' free sent to my home address never paid for it ! not that much on it apart from the above wouldnt pay for it anyways :D

shame how theres only half a page of adverts as well, why dont they have a page where it gives people who want to get into shooting a list of contact details of getting started and whats involved?

cheapest option today it was raining hard when i went to the bank so i went into smiths and read it there, also sporting gun, there magazine has excellent adverts section and with the money i saved got some stella on way home cheers!

Back