Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aren't mums fab

Aren't mums fab

Hi guys

Did anyone get unexpected but good presents this Christmas?

My mum bless her (im 36 by the way) asked what I wanted, so I asked for a manual meat mincer - but she went and bought me an electric one that makes sausages and all sorts - im well chuffed!

Can't wait to give it a try, just sourcing some sausage skins now.

I have an ex girlfriend and her new hubby visiting from Prague in a couple of days time, and they've bought some homemade boar Chorizo with them - ive got to try and compete with that! - can't let the side down after all, any decent pork recipes out there?

Well done go on to scoobies direct they have everything you will need including all the mixes

Can you give us a link for that one please 6.5?

All I got when I Googled was a herd of Subaru forums!!

Rgds Ian

Scoobies direct

I can't find scoobies either - however

seem to have everything

I think you mean scobies!

But then maybe I don't have a scoobies!

scobies seems to win hands down on price. Good one cos the place I used to get them nearly tripled their prices in the last 18 months

i hope ya gave your mum lots of hugs and kisses Daemo
    its the type of thing my mum did god bless her

My mum chipped in the lions share for some Nomad trousers. Definately gave her a big hug for her trouble.

They have outlets throughout the country

When you go to buy skins buy Dry collagen skins much easier to work with
    also when mixing the meat through the mincer use chilled water helps preserve the sausage .
    Good mixes for Venison are:
    Caramelized onion and black pepper
    Lincolnshire sausage mix
    Rosemary and cranberry mix

Good tips there Widows Son,

I use just pork seasoning for my breakfast sausages to prevent too strong a flavour.

I prefer to use the natural casings though. I think the collagen ones require a higher fat content to prevent the case toughening during cooking.

I also get some of my supplies straight from my butcher, this can be a good way of experimenting with smaller quantities before stepping up to a mass production once a recipe has been found.