Coyote Hunting Rig

Muir

I got a quad gun mount for Christmas and put it on my motorcycle so that I can roam the canyons for coyote...
And maybe an occasional trip to the local market.:D~Muir
ROKONAR102.jpg

I got a quad gun mount for Christmas and put it on my motorcycle so that I can roam the canyons for coyote...
And maybe an occasional trip to the local market.:D~Muir
ROKONAR102.jpg
Now that looks like fun Muir, wish I lived a bit closer to you :D

Looking at the pic I thought this could be the rig for a contemporary remake of John Wayne's True Grit!

If it falls to the right at least you won't have to pick it up off it's side...

(jealous)

:D
Thanks! It's not as bad as it looks. The perspective of the pic makes the gun look huge. If I do dump it to ther right, I'll end up with a muzzle break full of goo.

I shot the 308 today with some PRVI ball. It grouped as good as could hold. I am quite pleased.~Muir

I like it very much. The most fun I've had with it was being paid (somewhat: gas, lunch, and some cash) to locate some cattle that were missing in the canyon country north east of our town. Two of us went after them on several occasions: Me on the bike and my partner on his quad. I went places the quad couldn't, and climbed hills the quad wouldn't. Truly, this bike will climb vertical. This makes the bike dangerous to folks with no common sense: You can quite literally start up a hill so steep that gravity will pull you off. I have found that the best hill climbing technique is to remain seated and pull myself forward, up snug to the gas tank, and lean forward trying to keep my center of gravity low while keeping weight towards the front wheel. I have climbed up many slopes that I won't dare drive back down!

I've wanted one of these bikes since I was 14 years old and 41 years later, I can honestly say it was worth the wait.~Muir

I have a friend who lives in Idaho Falls and I have visted Big Sky country on several occasions. It is truly a wonderful place. The first time I towed anything was driving my friend's Ford F350+horse trailer with 3 horses, 2 mules, saddles and all the kit from a two week Elk hunt in the Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness, + 3x Elk trophies and meat at 70mph and my friend was telling me to put my foot down. I was s....... myself.
Great people, great place, great hunting what more could you want ?
Cheers
ATB
Fairacre

I have a friend who lives in Idaho Falls and I have visted Big Sky country on several occasions. It is truly a wonderful place. The first time I towed anything was driving my friend's Ford F350+horse trailer with 3 horses, 2 mules, saddles and all the kit from a two week Elk hunt in the Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness, + 3x Elk trophies and meat at 70mph and my friend was telling me to put my foot down. I was s....... myself.
Great people, great place, great hunting what more could you want ?
Cheers
ATB
Fairacre

Nice country!
Yeah. When you're pulling that much weight you need to keep the foot in it; that way you need to down shift less! A buddy of mine drives a Dodge 2500 pickup with a 6.9 ltr. diesel and we have hauled pickup trucks on a flat bed at 75 mph down the Interstate. It never bothers me until we hit cross winds of any force.

I like it in this region of the country, too. Most of the Dakotas the western central states are pretty nice. Lots of good hunting and decent people.~Muir

No, afraid not.
I tend to ride by myself most of the time. Unless I drag a tripod and a dig-cam along it may be a while. The last few times I was out with someone, we were herding cattle and neither of us thought to have a camera along. A friend of mine is getting a Rokon in March and we're going on some long-ish rides through Forest Service lands to get him familiar with the mechanics of riding. We'll get some photos/videos I'm sure.

I have been eyeing some hills I see along the highway towards the city where this guy lives. There is one seriously steep incline that is perhaps 700 feet in length up from the valley before it hits a rock abutment. There is the faintest trail around the abutment and through a gap in the cliffs. I will want to walk it first, but if it's doable, this is one of the major climbs I want to make. I'd like to have my buddy to film it for me. That the bike can make the climb is without doubt, that I can stay on board to the top??? Dunno! :D~Muir

That the bike can make the climb is without doubt, that I can stay on board to the top??? Dunno! :D~Muir

Good luck, I have made some climbs on bikes that I could not even scramble up on foot, coming down is another matter though :lol:

Neil. :)

Back