Snow camo

jon2

Dear all

Anyone know where you can get some good snow camo over jacket and trousers?

Army surplus would be the best bet I think but looking on the internet it doesn't appear as easy as I thought.

Thanks

The best ones i have found are the ones used by the cops or forensics for there work you can get them from any industrial clothes store and they are nice and soft. I have a few pairs i think swampy sent them to me ;) They cost next to nowt and for the amount of time the average chap gets out in full snow they are what is needed

Hi, I ve recently bought a cream over suit (jacket and trousers)ex swedish army from good old ebay.cost about £30 I think incuding P&p. If you dont have any luck message me and you can borrow mine.

Thanks boys

Very kind offer Sussex and thanks for the heads up.

I will take a look on ebay and i think failing that the key is to find a euro site as they are more geared up to that type of hunting.

Cheers

6.5 x 55 said:
The best ones i have found are the ones used by the cops or forensics for there work you can get them from any industrial clothes store and they are nice and soft. I have a few pairs i think swampy sent them to me ;) They cost next to nowt and for the amount of time the average chap gets out in full snow they are what is needed
Also known as chemical suits in with acordance of PPE (personal Protective Equipmentt)
we use them when spraying chemicals with knapsacks
about £2.50 each ,
if my memory serves me right

The soft one s that stone so eloquently put are water proof and quite quiet just what the doctor ordered.
And if i put on a white overall my wife would stick a flecking paint brush in my hand . :lol: :lol:

white camo

http://www.silvermans.co.uk/

this is a huge surplus shop in mile end London caters for everything from military to the police .

don't get cotton white cams by the time you've walked 100mtrs they'll weigh a ton get nylon their usually pretty big sized

Cheers all for the suggestions.

Not sure about the all in ones etc - I should have explained this is for a 5 day hunt on ski's so wanted something a bit more durable etc

Widows I know Silvermans but couldn't remember the name so thanks. I have found one made of parachute silk which I think is perhaps more in line with what you mention.

Anyway, I will have a look at Silvermans

Thanks

Jon

Major benefit of the nylon covers is their ability to shed snow. It can also be a killer.

Lose your footing on a steep slope and you are immediately transformed into a cross between a downhill yodelling champion and a toboggan!

That said, go for the nylon version and keep back from naked flames. Also, when answering the call of nature, BEFORE commencing operations do check to ensure that all is safely gathered in ;) 'Muddy' cam whites take some explaining!

The decorators suits I've seen, work on small zip fasteners which would tend to freeze up, not ideal for a longer ski tour.

Will give you a call to discuss - we may be heading to the same place!

Rgds Ian :)

Jahtijakt do a white camo suit. White camo that sounds strange :rolleyes: . Don't know if you can get that suit through a jahti jakt dealer in the UK:

I think I have found a good German site now withvarious options. Nylon being one of them.

Ian thanks for the warning re the muddy cams :eek: . I think I will remember that one. Don't drink the yellow snow also comes to mind.

That sounds like a good plan by the way if you are heading to the same place. I sent a PM to Chris the other day but I think there is a problem with the PM facility on AR at the moment. I also PM'd you aswell about something else. Can you let me know if you got it?

Speak to you soon.

Best

Jon

I bought an insulated jacket and trousers with reversable snow cammo from the states about 8 years ago for about £100. Cheap as chips.

However before that I always used a white boiler suit (similar to what decorators use) in heavy cotton, splashed a bit of brown and green paint across it (similar to Rolph Harris), can you guess what it is yet) and for about £15 you have a snow suit that you can wash ok, but only has a limited lifetime of use, but will last a season at least, possiblt two.

Widows

That is spot on just what I am after.

Thanks that is brilliant.

Why couldn't I find it? :D

After serving in Hm forces for as long as i did, you get info passed on where to get half decent kit, in the advent of the Internet ,it is now much easier you've just got to find out if there on the net, as i knew silverman's were that was the first choice had a look in the old address book there it was only happy to be of some assistance .

Cheers Ian :D

By the way. Did you get my PM I sent you on AR?

Just ordered the snow cam suit as per Widows recommendation whilst watching the Telemark Heroes :D . Very apt hee hee

Back