lee's manual

stav

hi, could anyone point me where too get the latest lee's modern reloading book from. tried fleabay. stav

stav i noticed my rfd had a copy of lee no2 manual if thats the one you are looking for

i could make enquiries for tou i noticed he had it in a box with a load of loading kit someone must
have sold up i am going to see him tomoro so if you want i can find out for you

hi, bewsher500, what would you or any one else reckommend for myself looking at starting too reload. d foxxer, just after a good starters book to read before i spend any money on the kit but by all means do ask about the book for me and let me know.many thanks stav

The latest copy of Lee's book was a revision in September 2011. More data, better layout. Ask your dealer to get the "2nd Edition, Revised" It will be worth the wait.~Muir

If you are just starting out buy the book read it then again oh and again also any books you can find on reloading read those also.
If you know someone that already reloads ask the to show you, the range I am a member of runs a reloading course every now and
then, if you can find something like this it will be worth going on.
When you start take your time make sure you have no distractions and just follow the logical steps.
CSL did a step by step it's here if you have not had a look yet.

hi, bewsher500, what would you or any one else reckommend for myself looking at starting too reload. d foxxer, just after a good starters book to read before i spend any money on the kit but by all means do ask about the book for me and let me know.many thanks stav

Well I dont know is teh answer as that is the only one I read after hearing it was good.
simple issue I had was it seems more like a Lee advertorial than a reference book. Am sure the load data is fine but I cross reference my load data with the powder manufacturer anyway (am anal like that).

The actual info on the physics of reloading didnt go nearly into enough depth for me.
one question I still have is: "why full length resize"?
short of dealing with once fired cases from another rifle with a larger chamber or cases that have stretched massively, I am still at a loss to work out why it is needed.

fireformed cartridges fit your chamber and by definition must make for more accurate rounds by removing any vagaries of case movement in the detonation stage.

if a reloading book cant tell me why I should be doing it then it is not much use.
The lee book also had a statement, you should always FL resize hunting bullets and then failed to comment on WHY!

would love to read some that are a bit more technical but there are numerous articles online that allow me to read as many sources as possible.
Dont get me wrong I like books....just prefer when they tell me something I havent already read for free!

Back