Trigger knowledge

Cygnus

Good Afternoon all and a happy and prosperous one to you all.
This is a subject which has certainly done the rounds,but I was wondering if anyone
on here could answer this question.
I have a BRNO Fox Model 2 in .222 calibre.
Lovely little rifle......but.....
The twin trigger setup leaves a lot to be desired.
I am heading for the states next month and was wondering if anyone knows if a trigger
assembly to replace the original is available on the other side of the pond.
It would be too good an opportunity to miss.
Any thoughts I'd be glad to hear them.
All the best

Alan

hi had a brono fox 222 is it the one with the front blade as a set trigger ?if so( bloody dangerous had a accidental discharge with it). looked into replacement trigger at the time no replacement avalable. it used to shoot a dream but it had to go.

I sold my Fox .222 (after waiting a lifetime to get one) because unless I wanted to use the set trigger all the time, the trigger was horrid. I was sad to see it go but I couldn't hit anything with it off hand. I found no cure for it.~Muir

Have a look at Timney triggers - they certainly make one for the CZ 527 22rf - I have an old Brno Mod 2 into which I fitted one and its lovely. Also have a look trhough the Recknagel catalogue.

I have a CZ 527 Hornet which has been fitted with a BASIX trigger unit, this replaced the set trigger unit.

Have a look at Timney triggers - they certainly make one for the CZ 527 .22RF - I have an old Brno Mod 2 into which I fitted one and its lovely. Also have a look trhough the Recknagel catalogue.

I think this should be CZ 452/453 Rimfire. The Fox (ZKB 680) is a centrefire rifle, the nearest current equivalent to which is the CZ 527, and for which Timney don't make a replacement trigger. I'm sorry this doesn't bring you nearer to a solution, but it might help you avoid a dead-end.

Back