10 bore lead loads for inland!?

Paul at Fechan

Down to my last 3 gamebore 2 1/4 ounce loads which I love to use on inland geese and although I have non toxic for the shore they just aren't nearly as good. Are there any shops still have lead 10 bore loads or am I going to have to start to reload?

thanks

You can still get them from places like just cartridges but make sure your sat down when you read the price. Surely you don't need 2 1/4 for inland, I only use 1 1/2's through a 12g and they do the job fine.

Matt.

Paul mc clouds of tain had some winchester super x turkey 2 1/4 oz copper plated 4'S (english 3 ).
You just missed out i recently sold 250 of the old type super xx to a lad who uses this forum, DF

Mcleaods, will give them a shout,

Matt, I do use the 3" on calmer days but I just really like the 10 bore and the extra bit to take close pairs coming off with confidence if you know what i mean, cheers all, good info

Last edited:
will do, there are some available but those that have stock really know how to charge for them
i got a few boxes last year near glen luce,they had gone up from £10 to £15 a box from the previous season even tho they were the same batch from the year before.pure greed im affraid. just out of intrest paul have the geese got into your area yet,hearing bad reports so far with the geese staying up north

Start loading your own mate.

Isn't it illegal to shoot any waterfoul with lead inland or not? Or is that just england and wales?

Back