WANTED - Ultimate Deer Data DSC1 Training Aid

mickyfinn

As above does anyone have this disc they no longer need and are willing to sell me ? or anything similar.

Cheers

Mick

The disc can only be registered and used on one pc so a s/h one won't be of any use to you. Unless someone knows a way round it of course..

just as easy to register with jelen at a tenner a month its a bargain for there online training, revising up every night for dsc1 in march

I have an unused disc. Bought it and then found this site - http://www.dsctraining.org/. interactive and you even get a free trial. Has all the dsc 1 questions and as you id deer and click on the answer the picture changes to show why it is that type of deer - brill

Anyway, if you want the disc pm me and i'm sure we can come up with a price between us cos i dont know how much they cost new

ATB

Andrew

The disc can only be registered and used on one pc so a s/h one won't be of any use to you. Unless someone knows a way round it of course..

You can revoke the license on the pc it is used on (you must still have the disc at this point though). once you have done that you can install it on another pc.

You can revoke the license on the pc it is used on (you must still have the disc at this point though). once you have done that you can install it on another pc.

How do you do this? Is it just a case of getting in touch with the BDS or is it more technical than that?

When my laptop dies, I will be stuck without my copy...........

How do you do this? Is it just a case of getting in touch with the BDS or is it more technical than that?

When my laptop dies, I will be stuck without my copy...........

I think it may be in the help menu ....it was a while a go when I did it when I had just bought a new laptop. I will have a look tonight after work and get back to you.

I won't take credit for this as I couldn't remember how I did it, but luckily I came across this from another SD post by ADJMAN :D

(This assumes D: is your CD-ROM drive)

1. Click on Start Button, choose run (or type run in the search box on Vista/Windows 7 and press enter)
2. Type in CMD and press enter
3. A black window appears, type in D: and press enter
4. Type in bds.exe /revoke and press enter

This takes the license back off the servers and means you can install the program on another computer with the original code

I won't take credit for this as I couldn't remember how I did it, but luckily I came across this from another SD post by ADJMAN :D

(This assumes D: is your CD-ROM drive)

1. Click on Start Button, choose run (or type run in the search box on Vista/Windows 7 and press enter)
2. Type in CMD and press enter
3. A black window appears, type in D: and press enter
4. Type in bds.exe /revoke and press enter

This takes the license back off the servers and means you can install the program on another computer with the original code

Dave1372 - you beat me to it! :) Cheers for the nod :)

Hi all,

You each make your own decisions, they're entirely up to you, but just a few words of caution (which I think is valid regardless of whether or not you sign up to my website}

Beware firstly about the version of the copies of anything you get hold of. The questions in the DSC are not set in stone, they are often tweaked, updated or changed by the DMQ. You may find that you are hit with a question which you haven't seen before and that could be the question you get wrong and causes you to fail.

The other thing of course is to highlight that pirated copies bring their own risks. One is that the copy may not work as the BDS disc has some clever locking script which prevents it being used on more than 1 PC. The other of course is about breach of copyright and the 'potential' for action being taken against you and the seller.

I would have given this advice regardless of the fact the I do provide an online service for learning the DSC1 theory for just a tenner a month.

Whichever route you take, and whichever training aids or service you choose, good luck with your test when you finally take it.

Steve

The deer data disc has gone and it was the genuine BDS one they supplied as of 4 weeks ago. Yes the disc can only be installed on 1 PC at a time and once you revoke the liscence from both the server and the pc it can then be installed on another pc. I used this and the online training to study and they both have there good and bad points. I had trouble logging onto the online one from time to time but had the disc to fall back on. i think the trick is to use as many types of media as is available to you to make sure you absorb as much info as possible. To any one thinking they should do the DSC1 and are worried they will not meet the grade my advice would be bite the bullet and go for it you wont regret it.

Hi Shaun. Yes, you are right, it's a good idea to find out which is the best way for you to learn, and thanks for using my on-line system. I remember that we had problems creating your membership which was caused by a mismatch in the payment where your postcode was not found (I'm told that with so many postcodes "it's bound to be that some will slip the net"). It was a bit of a headache for us both but we got it sorted in the end. Could I ask that anyone having problems either signing up or during their membership to contact me directly using the details on the website (at the bottom of every page) as I am keen to get these sorted as quickly as possible.

As I always say... whichever method you choose to study for your DSC 1, good luck!

I have three on line candidates doing the assessment only with me next Monday alongside nine who have done the whole course, it will be interesting to see the marks. Incidentally, some of the information relating to a particular condition has been updated today, yes, today, and the candidates on our course will be given that page of the manual on Saturday morning, the online candidates will not.

HME

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone still has a copy of the Ultimate Deer Disc they are willing to sell?

many thanks

Back