Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mod for .22lr

Mod for .22lr

I have a Weihrauch silencer for a pneumatic air rifle, which makes it literally whisper quiet. From reading on the net, it appears that it is not strong enough for a .22lr. In the past, I had a SAK mod on my .22lr, but had to get rid of it. I am now in the need of a mod and was wondering what the board would recommend. My barrel is 1/2 UNF threaded and ideally the mod would be used for both air rifle and .22lr.

Many thanks

I would go for SAK myself. For the price you pay you wouldn't get better. IMO or course. They cost less than 40 over here.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

The Weihrauch sound mod is specifically for air weapons. if you look inside you should see a pink liner. It's a bit like a hair curler and is made of plastic. It wouldn't last long on a rimfire.
    As SS says the SAK is probably the best out there for the price and does the job.

+1 The SAK gets my vote to Conor, you won't be disappointed.

Rgds, Buck.
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"

I'd go for the SAK mod. The sako mod is probably just as good and slimmer profile but I can't remember how much it costs.

Sak it is. I am going through the paperwork for a "Sound Moderator" for my hunting guns.....

I have just been quoted CHF 300 for a .22lr sound mod in Zurich, that's GBP 200 plus!

Adding something different. I use a scirroco mod on my sako quad which serves for both .17hmr and .22 LR

Use a SAK mod on my Weihrauch HW60. Great performer and have no reason to even look for an alternative.

I tested the Weihrauch: it is very quiet. But, I stripped the moderator and was surprised to see the flimsiest of hair curlers covered in a light felt! My dealer says that it would have a very short life on the .22lr. I'm just wondering if anybody has ever made their own silencer?

Many thanks