Wane Bill

I had hoped someone else would take up the relivent issues. Lowland Deer Network Scotland sets up on the 10th January. It is devised by SNH, in various guises the formation committee is predomenently SNH. I would expect that an operationl director will be installed at that meeting and William Hill would not give you very good odds that that will be RR. To cahnge or impliment many of the Wane bills items needs consultation with the deer groups. Again poor odds that will be ADMG north and LDNS south. Read item 17 of the bill. If you are not level 2 you will need to be accompanied in 1014. Rumour is it will by then be reduced to one stalk.
Jim
Jim

Rumour Rumor Jim But you are correct the English and foreign stalkers who enjoy freedom in Scotland will need to go home ward and think again if they don't get there finger out.
This is Just guess jim and i am sure it will be wrong but i like to do this.

Scottish competency will be run by DMQ it will have the full credibility of law and will consist of to witnessed stalks one on open ground and one on hill ground. Every person wanting to shoot/stalk deer on there own will need to get this degree of competency first.

LDNS will i am sure by 2014 should be a stand alone association or it will be well on its way there. the Board members will have been picked by the deer sector.+ SNH FC BASC BDS. ETC .the OFFICIALS from SNH and FC will as is normal make up the majority on the steering group but i am not sure were you got your information from.

The FIT n COMPITENT reg will be in place and it will be law to be on it and you will also need to pay a substantial sum for the privilege.

The collages will get a slice as i believe there will now be access coarse to do LEV 1 - 2 through the collage.

This of coarse will not happen over night the deer sector will not leave its self short of deer managers so you will see a gradual process relative to the passing of the set standard.

13-6-2011022.jpg

This i believe will be the future and i have stuck my neck well out on this :rofl:

Davie, Where does this come from. As far as I can make out to date there has been no reference to what the qualification/competency will be. There, as always, has been plenty rumour but no definate stipulation.

"Scottish competency will be run by DMQ it will have the full credibility of law and will consist of to witnessed stalks one on open ground and one on hill ground."

Gazza i am not one to create rumours :rofl: But it sounded good when i wrote it . Time will tell but one thing i do know is there are big changes ahead and the deer sector steam train dose no look like slowing down.

Although i agree with some of the points - the scottish competence thing by DMQ ???

What possible profit could the government make by this action? allowing a charitable organisation to set the standard and reap the rewards? thats just not going to happen, we have governmental organisations for that.

Far more likley is a governmental org comes up with a hole new qualification / training scheme, leaving the DMQ system obsolete.

Skipp

Given that the legislation only references the Scottish Ministers (and perhaps Scottish Natural Heritage) as having powers in respect of a register of competent persons, and given that the writ of these bodies does not extend furth of Scotland, is it not reasonable to expect that the register therefore be restricted to persons resident in Scotland, as evidenced by the address on their FACs and the electoral roll?

:stir:

Given that the legislation only references the Scottish Ministers (and perhaps Scottish Natural Heritage) as having powers in respect of a register of competent persons, and given that the writ of these bodies does not extend furth of Scotland, is it not reasonable to expect that the register therefore be restricted to persons resident in Scotland, as evidenced by the address on their FACs and the electoral roll?

:stir:

So in future there will be a requirement to sponsor an interloper? :rofl:

So in future there will be a requirement to sponsor an interloper? :rofl:

Don't know about that, but it could put the haims on syndicates who regard the price of fuel for a round trip from Leicester to the Scottish borders as a crucial factor. Oh dear, how sad.

Back