Thread: New camera

New camera

Just found my Nikon Coolpix camera in the dogs bedding,must have dropped out of the car in the dark and he took ownership of it, I want a point and shoot that I can carry in my pocket for clients photo's etc. This was my second Nikon, both have been more than adequate for what I want to do, It had a 8.1 mega-pixels display etc, this will be my birthday present from mrs deerwarden as was the damaged one last year, any thoughts out there as the camera scene is bulgeing at the seems with the best camera ever. I dont want a Digi SLR just a compact camere for point and shoot with a bit of longevity B4 its outdated the following week, and dog proof.deerwarden

Lumix i have had mine for 3 year and use it all the time.
    As I get older I have realised that I cannot please everyone. But I find I can easy piss every one off.

Quote Originally Posted by 6pointer View Post
    Lumix i have had mine for 3 year and use it all the time.
    +1 I can't fault my little Lumix.

+ 1 on the Lumix.. Dropped it on the car ferry big time it went sliding across the deck, not a mark on it and have been using it for 2 years with no problems.

+1 on the lumix .

Bought the TZ18 for the wife as a christmas present , easy to use and produces great photo's

Established Poster
    Bathgate, West Lothian
    Another +1 for the lumix range, fantastic cameras and quality images.

I use an Olympus 1030SW super tough jobby. Don't think that particular model is made any more but they still do the newer tough versions. It's waterproof, shockproof, freezeproof etc... I use it for shooting, stalking, boating in salt water etc. It's scratched, dented etc but still works fine.

This is actually my second , I had a 770SW at work before that which I lent to a colleague and it got squashed into the dirt by a CAT 345 . Remarkably it did still function but the lens cover got mangled and the lens was damaged.

So not totally invulnerable but pretty good for a compact camera.

Been looking at Nikon, but also liked the Olypus bridge ones as well, also the Lumix as said by others, now a question of seeing them in the flesh and handleing them. deerwarden