Your knowledge is needed

JAYB

Administrator
Site Staff
It's not stalking but I was asked about a courier, somebody wants a kiddies size quad couriered up here from down in England. I saw an ad the other day with a website to go to and it was something about putting your requirements on there and then haulage contractors bid on the job, they fill up spaces on truck and avoid running empty etc. Do any of the knowledgeable folk on here have any clues they can off please.

John

Hello John,
In response to your question re the couriers, I have used them several times.
The one I have used is called Shiplys and have been very happy the few times I have used them.
the way it works is you go online to their website and put in details of what you want moved from and to ect. If its an ebay item, there is even a feature to put the item number on.
Anyway, couriers then view the "jobs" and give a quote which is valid only between certain times and dates.
I have bought heavy items of furniture on ebay using them which otherwise I could not have done.
The last time I bought an old 70s Globe drinks cabinet thingy which was picked up from the South coast and delivered to my home in South Lanarkshire by a guy who was a self employed courier and stayed about 20 mins from my house.
I cannot remember the exact cost but it was very reasonable.
Hope this helps you anyway.
Bob

If you can get it put onto a pallet, any of the big pallet networks should be able to collect and deliver to the highlands for around £80.
I use Palletways for all my UK deliveries.

Thems the buggers, I knew you boys would come up trumps, tahnk you :tiphat:

John

Thems the buggers, I knew you boys would come up trumps, tahnk you :tiphat:

John
If you go through Shiply, don't accept early bids. I had an item shipped- bidding started at £245 (I think) I ended up paying £110. The bid prices came down over the course of a couple of days. OK if you're not in too much of a rush.
Hope this helps.
Pete.

Dalkeith transport <sales@dalkeithtransport.co.uk>; moved my grizzly quad for £90. Pallets from £50. All they require is the quad on a pallet. post code either end. Watch the postcodes. some are cheaper than others. My code for a pallet Was £50+vat while my daughters code (iwas on holiday) cost me £70+ Vat We are 6 miles appart but she is a ML I am an EH. They operate through palletline.

Surly there must be some one heading north for a bit of deer stalking Jon and a free crack at the sika and look at sues fried eggs might have you item there in no time at all.

+1 on Shiplys - I had an oak conservatory picked up in Liverpool and delivered to the east of Norfolk for £120!

Knots

+1 on Palletways, had an impoterd Polaris delivered from the south of England to the Highlands without any issues. (was also very cheap).

S25

the boys at Kinlochbervie Fish Selling Co have artics running south/north thru Inverness all the time. Usually running empty on north trip. Bottle of whisky should secure the deal

Back