Boning Knives

nicholiath

Just watched the BDS DVDs on gralloching and butchering and I am raring to go! They recommend flexible boning knives, i think i spotted a victorinox? what do you lads recommend please?

Forgive blowing own trumpet.

I like the Mora Larder knife ( avoiding boner puns ) we stock - that's why we stock it! Had a look at Scobies and thought I was buying from the wrong wholesaler until added in Vat and carriage! Phew! Also do Mora scabbard to fit.

We have sold a fair few to SD members, so hopefully someone will pick up with 'unbiased' opinion.

Another one for scobies and victorynox or F Dick. I was a butcher for four years when I left school so it gave me a good grounding for stalking. I find the 6 inich victorynox narrow boning knife the best for grolloching as the narrower tip is better for the tighter areas ie anus/atlas joint.

These are quality workaday knives with no gimmicks.

6" BONING KNIFE BLACK EXTRA NARROW BLADE from Scobies Direct

My back ground is very similar to N8ess, I was a butcher for 4 years, then worked in meat processing part time for the next 5 years. I used straight Victrynox and F Dick 6" knives then moved to using victorynox American boning knife with the curved blade, I still use this style now. Jelling an edge, is all about regular steeling, I couldn't count the times I'd steel a knife breaking down a carcass.

Forgive blowing own trumpet.

I like the Mora Larder knife ( avoiding boner puns ) we stock - that's why we stock it! Had a look at Scobies and thought I was buying from the wrong wholesaler until added in Vat and carriage! Phew! Also do Mora scabbard to fit.

We have sold a fair few to SD members, so hopefully someone will pick up with 'unbiased' opinion.
Best 15 notes I spent last year. Now used larder to freezer as the only knife I need. Cutting, boning, stripping. Could not ask for more, Frost knives too flex, ralloch knives too stiff, You got any more, Jim

swibo.jpg
[h=3] Boning Knife Curved Flexible Blade [/h] Code: L144
5" Blade.

Had this one for a long time , excelant knive.

ATB Barry

Victorinox or Mora, you won't go wrong with a 6 inch boning knife, a decent steaking knife, a good quality proper length steel, and a proper bone saw. Maybe add a heavy cleaver too but not essential, although very handy for rabbits.

Back