Rambouillet game fair France 30th march -2nd April 2012

reiver

Just wanting to know if any one has being to or going to this fair and how good is it for us anglofile's as i am looking to pop over to France to top up on the old vino and shotgun slugs this spring and thought about having a look at the show if it is any good?

Bob

Did this event a couple of years ago. You need a good day to go around it, its all indoors in a large temporary event building. You will start drooling almost immediately you go through the doors at some of the guns and kit on show but don't expect any bargains. Its pretty much a showcase for the distributors and importers rather than somewhere that you can purchase kit. I would certainly return but don't forget that it is very much a French event rather than an international event so a basic understanding of French would be usefull. Its very popular so most of the hotels within ten to fifteen miles will be full of hunters who will be attending this event.

Did this event a couple of years ago. You need a good day to go around it, its all indoors in a large temporary event building. You will start drooling almost immediately you go through the doors at some of the guns and kit on show but don't expect any bargains. Its pretty much a showcase for the distributors and importers rather than somewhere that you can purchase kit. I would certainly return but don't forget that it is very much a French event rather than an international event so a basic understanding of French would be usefull. Its very popular so most of the hotels within ten to fifteen miles will be full of hunters who will be attending this event.

my extent of french is voulez-vous le well you know the rest lol....

I've been to the French game fair in Chambord a couple of times also, and had a great time on each occasion.Chambord is entirely different and is an outdoor event spread over three days normally Friday to Sunday. It isn't a very large event but has a sort of charm about it, its more on a par to a local country fair at home rather than the CLA. In fact its quite normal to simply pitch your tent in the car park. During the day there are the usual clay shoots and even a running boar competition which is the final of the French Grand Prix. Most of the displays in the main arena start around seven or eight oclock at night and are followed by the firework display. The fireworks display on the Saturday night is always something very special and draws thirty or forty coachs from as far afield as Paris and normally goes on until at least midnight. Finding your way back to your car across fields in total darkness can be quite a task epecially as you may have to take a different route to the one you took getting to the display field which is in front of the chateau.

Back