Fly tippers.The B****rds!

Neil M

I came across 3 chaps in a van this afternoon throwing a matress out from the back of a van into a gateway of one of my permissions. I pulled up to within 20 feet of them, I took the reg no and reported it. I wonder if the boys in blue will do anything about it?? The annoying thing about it they were within 3 miles of 3 local tips.

you should have followed the van home mate discreetly, then go back and get the mattress and throw back in their garden later tonight....

I caught a flytipper and blocked the road, police came within 10 minutes!
he had just dumped the whole load off the back of one of those "tipper" bedford trucks.
funny thing was he had been taking payment from people to dump stuff.

I understand they threw the book at him.

you need to do more than just give the police the number

The police won't do anything unless they catch them 'in action'. You need to report it to the local council who will definitely follow it up as it is them that foot the bill for any clean up required. Shame you couldn't get a photo or video of them on your phone? They should follow it up anyway.
MS:)

while out today i came across 3 seperate piles of used tyres dumped within a 3 mile radius of each other, well over a 100 tyres in total. Its got to bea local garage somewere.

Tyres are the most difficult thing to dispose.
They are normally sprayed now with a spacial liquid to find the dealer/ owner of the tyre :)

I work for British Waterways on the canals, the crap that gets in there! and it doesn't get there on its own.Tyres aplenty, some still attached to the vehicles.Must take more effort to dump this stuff over fences and gates than take it to the tip. W*****S.

The police won't do anything unless they catch them 'in action'. You need to report it to the local council who will definitely follow it up as it is them that foot the bill for any clean up required. Shame you couldn't get a photo or video of them on your phone? They should follow it up anyway.
MS:)

I agree, you should contact the council as they will follow it up. I have done this before.

Council will only clear it up if it is on the road or "just" on the roadside.
anywhere near a private gate, entrance, track, boundary and they will walk away.

make sure it is in the right place before you call!

Tyres are the most difficult thing to dispose.
They are normally sprayed now with a spacial liquid to find the dealer/ owner of the tyre :)

be interested to see or and know more about this spacial liquid.
i am going to spray my roe with it to catch some poachers.
do you think it will work.

f,

It's an ultra-violet solution that can only been seen under lights they do this with copper and other metals of high value and scrap yards will not take these metals and are supposed to report the people bringing them in to police.its also stains your hands and takes a while to come off but obviously you can't see it unless under the correct lighting.

So yes f it will catch your poachers. Just need to get the paint gun out onto the roe now :)

Good on you for doing something about it. We've had a spate of tyre dumping on the lanes around our shoot, what a mess, and it's the taxpayer who ends up paying for them to be taken away.

Tell the police by all means but do report it to the council. They are very keen to receive such information and in my experience they do actually follow it up and will report back.

Must try the council route as the police are just not interested,last lot we had,the dumb Txxts had left paper work with thier name and address in among other crap,police thought this was funny and did NOWT.....

drives me insane hate littering /tipping of any kind my father would go ballistic if we dropped rubbish followed by a wallop ,roadside laybies full of crap who drops all that rubbish ? it cant be country loving folk can it !

Weird attitude isn't it? We regularly have lads parking up next to our cottage presumably for a smoke, but they will leave their food and drink wrappers behind. Presumably they come here because it is a beautiful spot, but then they leave it in a mess for us or the next visitor!

Up until six months ago we had the very same problem happening on a fortnightly basis, I kept phoning the police at every incident just to be a pain in the arse hoping they would do something about it, finally it made the local rag and touch wood the problem has all but stopped.

Back