Urban foxes

davidm

Sittin watching tv and the girlfriend comes running in from taking the dog a walk shaking. So I asked her what was up and in between hyperventilating and telling me that a vixen and two cubs (or a big red fox thing and 2 wee things in her words) have come out and watched her walking the dog. So mibi telling her that they probly wanted to eat the dog wasn't a great idea :) it's is a Lhasa apso secretly hoping they had eating it. I have seen more deer and heard about more foxes round about her house in the last 2 days than any my plan stalks lol but shows these urban foxes aint scared.

davidm my wife loves he APSO,S i am just waiting for RIA making them disappear lol them foxes are a pest but you got to admire them. This one still comes for the left overs i throw out.

2010tuesfox2.jpg

Yeah a dnt mind them wish ad seen the vixen and cubs just sitten there watching would a made a good picture. Aw this things a wee yelping pain in the arse

if it was just their bold demeanour that was the pest I wouldnt have a problem.
The fact that I need to patrol my back garden for the liquid landmines they leave every night is beginning to grate on me.

everywhere!
on fences, kids footballs, one found a garden glove and shat on that, on the deck, the door step, the wall, UP the shed door FFS!!

they dont like 40gn of Eley's finest parting their eyebrows though!

I was standing on one of the drives at our pheasant shoot on Saturday, a nice secluded marshy valley, and Charlie wandered out of the bushes a little way off and wandered up towards me. He got to about 10 yards from me, stood there looking straight at me as if to say "They said no ground game, so what are you gonna do about it?" and then sauntered off, cool as a cucumber down the valley - the wild ones aren't to nervy either! ;)

This was posted some time back, but its about foxes.
As a Police Dog Handler I watched one of our kennel maids "befriend" one of the many foxes that lived near our Training School which is located in an urban enviroment surounded by woods in Glasgow.
Soon, several of them would identify her at a distance and would wait on top of a tall wall to be hand fed tit bits by her.
They would keep a healthy distance from anyone else and I often saw fox sitting near the rear of the police vans with the dogs in the cages going crazy and rocking the vans to get to Mr Fox who was sitting not 15ft away without a care in the world.
They knew that the dogs, (which were in full view as the rear van doors were open) could not exit the cages and it looked as if they were teasing them.
Most of us enjoyed having them around but after several of them appeared to be ill and have severe Mange, we weren't to keen on them near our dogs, but I think Nature weaned down their numbers as almost overnight they were depleted.
As an aside,umpteen times a month, as an operational cop, I would get despatched to a report of someone calling in to report a female screaming for help.
More often or not you would turn up and see or smell the fox responsible and your necessary person search using the dog would prove fruitless. Sometimes also a wee moan about folk not realising that they had foxes mating around their property or garden which can be very noisy.
Anyway, one time I was walking a dog on a lead at the Training School and a young vixen was following behind about 30 yds or so stopping when I stopped, much to my amusement and the annoyance of the dog. The next thing I could hear a blood curling scream from a female calling "no, help". Had I not saw the vixens jaws moving on hearing the sound I would never have thought a fox could replicate the sound of a human so closely.
After that I never criticised any sleepy householder who was wakened by the sound of a woman screaming!
My thoughts on Fox has changed slightly as I now live in a rural area and my kids keep hens and sadly for any who visit its not titbits but a .223 that awaits them.
To be honest though I am much happier watching them when its not through a Scope!
ATB
Bob

We have loads round here and glasgow were i work is also riddled.
Turn the volume up full it is a shivering sound.

Back