12b game cartridges choice?

sean12345

what do people use for game shooting, i currently am using Eley VIP 30g with no.6 shot. anyone recomend a alternative?

cartridges

I use gamebore 28gr 6s, or hull cartridges special pigeon 32gr 6s, both 70mm and fibre wad, no problems with them.
sinbad

20g 28gm 5's RC Sipes, the last two weeks have used 32gm 5's Black Gold in 12g, they do fetch them down but you do feel them the BG that is.
I think they will be my choice now for the 12.

what do people use for game shooting, i currently am using Eley VIP 30g with no.6 shot. anyone recomend a alternative?
Same as me, and I love 'em! Maybe go to 32g of 5 shot for higher birds? They're made in England, so buying them helps our economy!

I really like using Lyalvale Express - - as did Richard Faulds winning Gold in Sydney. It seems to be a quick, fast cartridge. When I use others I'm often disappointed. Maybe it's just a confidence thing though.

JR

Tend to use RC Caccia 32g plastic wad 6's or Victory Rocket 29g 6's or felt wad Black Gold 5's 30g.

I have been using Clever Mirage game carts 32g #5 & #6's exclusively the last 2 seasons and find them excellent

I use these exclusively in my 20b. Best shotgun shell I have used...

just sold my 20 bore to a young underkeeper in devon he tells me this is what he will be using . :D
i just couldent get on with it .
outshooting it with a 28 bore winchster cartridges 770 pound a thousand :eek::eek:

been shooting express europa game 34 gram 5 for two years really like these
but have to confess if i was in devon or yorkshire on the really high bird shoots week in week out
it would be a 36 gram 4
regards pete .

I use 28g 6's for the 12 bore and 24g 6's for the 20 bore never needed anything bigger and it dont matter which make !

RC sipe 32g no 5s brilliant cartridge thats all we shoot with and killed a hell of a stuff with them.

Back