Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost the plot?

Lost the plot?

I got called out today to a injured deer(muntjac) she just lay head up but eyes closed by the road,i already had a large implement ready in my hand to put her out of her misery but she responded 2 the fact i was there.No signs of obvious injury apart from gash across the back of the neck and legs were intact.

I HAVE JUST BEEN IN THE CHICKEN SHED WITH HER GIVING HER MORE GLUCOSE!(its now 12.40 and i have 2 stalkers for muntjac coming in a few hours)

I feel that the outcome will be dissapointing but i will have tried and i have respect for my quarry.

ps cant say i have ever watered a mature muntjac before but the teeth are amazingly sharp
    Last edited by muntjacstalker; 09-01-2012 at 02:04.

what you going to do with it ? you cant release it

why not? i would just put it back where i found her,especially as she is lactating

Quote Originally Posted by muntjacstalker View Post
    why not? i would just put it back where i found her,especially as she is lactating
    as the law stands (open to being corrected) its illigal to re-release a non indiginous species into the wild !

but as you have broardcast on a open public forum your possible intentions , i would keep your plans for this deer to your self !

just my opinion

I beleive you will find it was also ilegal to move the animal in the first place although IMHO you have done what is moraly right. Not sure It is what I would have done though.

I think i ,ll take the chance on this public forum,don't put any dope in my cake when i,m in clink, just extra jam will be fine.
    Just my opinion

As part of my university course we looked at non-native species.

Please look at page 47 of the pdf from defra that can be found using the link below, it states if you want to release a Muntjac deer back into the wild you need to apply for a licence, otherwise it has to be kept in secure accomodation until it dies.

Last edited by colly1612; 09-01-2012 at 02:35. Reason: Spelling mistake
    Vegetarian is an old Native American word meaning Bad Hunter

Good job i did not mention the coypu,grey squirrel and mink i rescued today then!!!

Must go ,can see blue lights on the horizon

mind you , if you did keep it in a secure inviroment like a fenced in wooded back yard it would be a hell of an asset for deer dog training ?

lol,night mate,got to be up in a wee while,thanks for the banter