Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kill it, cook it, eat it - just finished watching

Kill it, cook it, eat it - just finished watching

Hi guys

Well, I think my initial sceptiscism wasn't fully deserved.

I thought they explained the need for animal management quite well, and the processes were coherently explained so thumbs up there.

My only gripe really is they do pick people for these programs that humanise animals and dwell on emotions etc - which gets on my nerves a little - but overall I think a 7 out of 10.

What did everybody else think? - looked like a lovely place to stalk too, i'd happily trudge through the rain to have a go there.

Well, in my opinion, as I said on the other thread, the best account of stalking and its need in our countryside to ever be shown on british tv.

I would like to think that we all show respect to our fallen quarry and considering that they had not been stalking before and did not necessarily choose to be there, I thought their reaction was very natural and balanced.
    They even limited the air time available to the LACS!
    Good Job!

I agree with Andy, there seem to have been quite a few programmes containing deer stalking and cooking the meat (like river cottage), but with this one being focussed around the killing and preparation of the deer it had more time to give a good balanced argument. It was encouraging to hear most of them say things along the lines of it being a very humane way of putting meat on the table, and despite a few tears the program showed deer stalking in a good light. They did give the LACS a short airing as being the beeb they have to give a 'balanced' argument, but most of what the guy from LACS said was put right later in the program (and more than once) - eg taking the weaker/smaller beasts (as opposed to "its all about the trophies").

eta. I did think that it was a bit harsh on the lad who keyholed his 3 shots on the range that he wasn't picked to shoot a beast, he looked pretty gutted. The stalker did give reasons for picking the girls, but it may just be coincidence that it makes better tv to have a girl who is an 'acceptable' shot to kill a deer then cry about it. Not sure if they were under a bit of pressure from the producers to make those choices.

Not a bad effort at all. It was interesting that the disinformation came from the LACS spokesman, thankfully corrected later.

I was involved in this project early on and walked away from it as the producers did not want togive me the final say as in who would shoot.
    I hope they reconsidered their stance when going to Balavil , Arthur duffus is not the type to take any ****, but for the fact they picked 3 "weepy" girls rather than a confident shot , well?

For the BBC though it was pretty good and I don't think LACS put up much of a fight, well done to the staff at Balavil.

Only 1 criticism, in dealing with a pile of novices why were there no bipods or moderators, they pay plenty for these shows

I've just been informed, Arthur did have the final say

i thought it was a good show, look forward to the rest, i find it funny though that ordinary people find hunting such a bit deal when a dont even give it a second thought.

just watched it,

Very good I thought, didn't throw a bad light on stalking....

Veggies are a funny lot aren't they... the couple on that show weren't as bad as most though.

yes agree it was pretty good for the BBC,i thought its portrayal of stalking and the need to control deer was well put,pity about the wining git from lacs,next weeks programe looks good too,duck shooting,saw a snippet at the end, looks like 1 guy was not enjoying it too much,dont know whats wrong with em? HORNET

I think you will find that part 2 is on tonight not next week