Thread: Hello All

Hello All

Hello to you all, and I hope this year is a happy one for you!
    I am a real Country boy and had a great childhood growing up fishing, hunting and just being outdoors! (unlike a lot of young 'uns today sadly!)
    Well the last year hasnt been so brilliant for me, I have had to give up work due to ill health, in fact, I am now registered disabled.
    It came hard after a lifetime of being a Butcher and enjoying all my freetime with Country pursuits.
    My Doctor suggested a Hobby for me as depression was setting in, so having always worked with my hands, I decided to have a go at stickmaking, whittling and carving, and most important, the art of scrimshaw!
    I know its a cheek, but if you dont ask, you dont get! so I wondered if any of you kind souls could spare me the odd Antler or Horn, Boar tusk etc for the Scrimshaw side of things. Money is tight living on benefit, but I would gladly pay postage if anyone had some to spare?
    If so, please PM me and I shall give you my address.
    Thankyou in anticipation
    kind regards

Hi tank

first I would like to say welcome to the site second I no just what your going through I lost my 15 year army career 6 years ago to being left disabled so I have been where you are buddy and trust me things do get better.

just remember keep the chin up.

All my regards
    “Persistence. Perfection. Patience. Power. Prioritize your passion. It keeps you sane.”
    ― Criss Jami

Good luck tank if am successful later in year will send u what I can /ajs

Welcome to the site, I'm sure someone will help out

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses