Zeiss Conquest - any good??

.Skinner.

Hi all :)

I don't know much about these scopes as they don't seem to be readily available in this country - but I see that they can be shipped over from the states quite cheaply? e.g. zeiss conquest 3-9x50 (new) £382, + 30-odd quid for shipping. This seems very cheap for such a top brand, am I missing something??

Thanks
Skinner

yes your have to pay a handling charge from royal mail. plus vat which will add up to abit more cost

Ah okay, I wondered if there might be something like that - although the buyer mentions marking it as a 'gift' to skip that stuff? I don't know, probably best to not get involved with all that, too much hassle. I'll just stick to keeping my eye open for a decent second hand scope!
Cheers jay 22
:)

You do take a risk there, just depends if customs happen to pick that "gift" to check or not, if not then you're quids in, if they do then you have to pay the relevant duty on the item and risk a fine for trying to cheat ;)

i managed to pick up a conquest at christmas second hand and asked on here what people thought of them
the feedback i got was very good if you manage to find one i dont think you will be dissapointed i havent
used mine in anger yet but its beautifully clear even in low light i wouldnt part with mine are they any good says you
oh yea says i

They are excellent scopes, picked one up when I was in the US a couple of years ago. Extremely good value and absolutely no complaints with performance.

What you are missing in your equation are the import duty, VAT and handling charges - duty is usually around 5%, then add VAT at 20%, then the handling charge. It all adds up.

Hi, as you can see from the repiles they are a good scope. One point I have to point out to you is that The warrenty isn't supported through Zeiss UK as the conquests aren't made for the european Market. If you have any problems with it you would need to send it back to the US.

Jon

Hi, as you can see from the repiles they are a good scope. One point I have to point out to you is that The warrenty isn't supported through Zeiss UK as the conquests aren't made for the european Market. If you have any problems with it you would need to send it back to the US.

Jon

Not trying to emply you are wrong as I was under the same impression but after buying mine 2nd hand Imade an enquiery to the US branch and got this reply.

Dear Customer,
Thank you for your inquiry dated 2011-11-13 regarding the repair/service of your
Zeiss product.
You have full warranty but you would have to go through Zeiss in the UK for any warranty issues.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or require
additional information.
Sincerely,
Christy Lamm

A big thankyou to all for your helpful replies :)
I'm gonna give it a miss this time, I'm not in a massive rush to get a scope and there are other things I'm following up.
Cheers!
Skinner

I think they are very good and have several. Given the hassle of importing them though, I think I would look at a 1'' Meopta scope in this country for a similar standard of scope.

Originally Posted by Bdswest Hi, as you can see from the repiles they are a good scope. One point I have to point out to you is that The warrenty isn't supported through Zeiss UK as the conquests aren't made for the european Market. If you have any problems with it you would need to send it back to the US.

Jon
Not trying to emply you are wrong as I was under the same impression but after buying mine 2nd hand Imade an enquiery to the US branch and got this reply.

Dear Customer,
Thank you for your inquiry dated 2011-11-13 regarding the repair/service of your
Zeiss product.
You have full warranty but you would have to go through Zeiss in the UK for any warranty issues.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or require
additional information.
Sincerely,
Christy Lamm

They are both correct. Conquest riflescopes would have to be sent to the USA as parts and tools are in the USA. For goods returned to the US via Carl Zeiss Ltd in the UK, then there maybe a postal charge.
Please note that if the goods are purchased from the USA, then you may see "Transferable Lifetime Warranty", this is valid for US residents purchasing from US Authorised Dealers. The "Lifetime Transferable Warranty" is not valid here in the UK (or Europe). If you purchase a Conquest riflescope here in the UK, then it is a "grey import" and the goods should initially be sent to the UK retailer from whom it was purchased. Depending on US customs laws, it may be the case that after the repair in the US, then the goods may be shipped to the original retailer in the US, who will have the responsibility of sending it to the UK.

mak

Last edited:
Back