Newbie wanting some advice on deer stalking experience!

emmac91

Hi all, am completely new here having stumbled across the forum in my search for a decent deer stalking experience. I've rung up a couple of people to find out average costs for a full days stalking and just to get an idea of what is involved. I wanted to organise it as a birthday present for someone who loves shooting but has never been deer stalking. He has a firearms license, although I am assuming that doesn't matter as deer stalking places often lend rifles?

Does anyone have any recommendations of a decent company / estate to go deer stalking with for the day up North (Lancashire would be closest) or at a push Scotland borders? I'd love any more info / tips if anyone has any, as I don't really know where to start and don't want to be taken for a ride. As its a bday present I want it to be as special as possible! I would want to come along too to follow but not actually take part, although I don't know if this is possible either? I'm looking to book it for the end of March, and spent a max of £200 for a full day.

Sorry if this has been done to death - hoping someone may be able to point me in the right direction!

Thanks x

Back