Thread: hi all...newbie who forgot to do an intro...

hi all...newbie who forgot to do an intro...

before I did my first post, sorry! Am from London but love getting out into the countryside! Came across this forum whilst looking at deer stalking as a gift for someone. Am a complete novice with rifles and anything to do with them, but am willing to learn as my OH is obsessed, and longs to go deer stalking. Have been persuaded to go shooting a couple of times and thoroughly enjoyed it, so hopefully this may be the start of a new hobby blossoming! As a London girl most of my friends find it bizarre, but hey ho there is a first time for everything!

Have a good evening everyone, just wanted to say a quick hello. x

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    Nairn, Inverness-shire
    You have come to the right place...There are people from all over the country on here, from every background imaginable. I see you have already received some PM's regarding the stalking. There are plenty on here who will help, with just about any questions you may have regarding any type of shooting. Enjoy the experience, make sure you have a good slush fund, not a cheep hooby to start!

Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

Welcome to the asylum

Welcome to the site, as for a slush fund TJ knows all about them and his wife knows nothing, but I could always tell her

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Welcome to the site.

Still not entirely sure why, but we get a lot of clients from London area - both courses/ stalking and a big percentage of our website hits.

Its really nice to see a combined interest. It is something we try to encourage and I get quite frustrated at the number of partners excluded from this interest. However, part of the problem alluded to above. The more important one - and you should keep it in mind - is that in our experience ladies tend to out shoot, out stalk and out wit their male counterparts! Requires lots of tact to assuage bent ego's!

I hope you enjoy the site and your developing interest.
    Stalking and Courses
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at Kelso, Scone & Moy 2016

Welcome to the site. I am based in Kent but have stalking leases in West Country, the highlands of Scotland and in West Sussex. Drop me a PM if I can be of help.

Emmac91, Hi and welcome, get the OH to join. Good bunch of folk here. Enjoy your new hobby.

Welcome to the site Emmac91.
    Why not combine your new hobby with fly fishing?
    Its a great sport coupled with deer stalking.
    We have some stunning countryside in Devon, it would make a nice break from London.
    Deer stalking and fly fishing opportunities in Devon