As before, we have arranged a cull weekend & grounds for up to 12 stalkers, first come first served, for the sort of weekend that gets folk coming back for more!
We will be shooting over 15,000 acres of grounds in the Saffron Walden area, covered by 50+ highseats. Species are primarily Fallow and Muntjac. You are assisting in providing a major part of the yearly cull, on grounds which are not otherwise extensively shot.
Last year, a party of 12 hunters achieved a cull of 36 deer on these grounds over a weekend - I mention this only to indicate the sort of deer numbers over these grounds. Now, bear in mind this was STILL only some 10% of the required annual cull for the estates!
Cost: £400 per person, to include
Range zero session, gralloching team/coaching, four outings, sleeping bag accommodation, ALL cull deer (no limit on numbers), your breakfasts and evening meals.
A deposit of £100 will secure your place, with the balance being due by the 27th January 2011. I will hold deposits and deal with all the event organization.
Here's the detail:
Join Friday 16th - Leave Sunday 18th March.
Prove zero from high seat - either shoot a min 4" group on the target, or you will not be allowed to shoot.
4x outings, unaccompanied hunting, conducted from high seats only.
Shooting Fri eve, Sat morning & eve, Sunday morning - wash up and leave late Sunday morning.
• Estate manager's word is law, & his decision on procedure etc is final!
• You require a current FAC and insurance (BASC etc) as well as a UK Deer legal rifle (.240 or larger).
• All deer to be chest shot, any cull Bucks or Does, Fallow or Muntjac included in cost.
• Gralloching team will deal with the animals back at the larder.
• Unsaleable venison will be charged to the shooter at dealer rates. To ensure shooting is conducted accurately & within your abilities, wounded / lost animals charged at venison cost. Naturally, no second animals to be shot - unless you are certain that your first hit was both accurate and fatal.
• Limited sleeping bag accommodation is available on-site, as well as there being a local Travelodge / Days inn (5 mins drive). Booking early will give good value, especially as the family rooms can be shared between up to four!
• This is a cull hunt - however, it is possible that you may see a trophy beast. Costs of the trophies will be confirmed for those interested in the chance of taking bigger beasts. There is also the chance for trophy CWD for those wishing to hunt for them - please advise me if you would like the opportunity.
If you are interested in joining us, please get in touch by either PM or on tel: 07798 771 062.