Scope lense caps

NickJ

After years of snapping off (expensive..) Butler Creek caps and scaring deer with noisy elastic cup things I think I have finally sussed it!

I have one pair of Swarvoski 10x42 binos, the rubber caps on the exit pupils I don't use as rain doesn't go up (quite). I have S&B 6x42 scopes on my .243 and .308 and I carry them both muzzle up (they have PES long mods) so....I popped the rubber caps on the exit (also 42mm) puplis of the scopes, bit of electricians tape to hold them on and bingo!

They have survived rain, snow, thick cover and crawls and seem to be just the ticket.

ATB
Nick

Can we have a picture of that? it sure would help me to figure out the idea!

Thanks.

For some reason I can't get the photo in the post sorry but it is in my gallery, just put it in there (couldn't rotate it either!). It's an 'action shot' but you should be able to make out the cap.

No probs, where abouts in Spain are you btw? I spend a bit of time in Sotogrande and Malaga for work, yet to experience Monterias or partridge shooting though!

No probs, where abouts in Spain are you btw? I spend a bit of time in Sotogrande and Malaga for work, yet to experience Monterias or partridge shooting though!

I live next to Valencia, a bit far away from Costa del Sol and Sotogrande. I am not a big fan of Monteria, as my deer and boar hunting is either stalking or awaiting in the night. But don't miss the opportunity to attend to one if you can, as you'll probably know, it's quite different from driven hunts for boars and/or deer in Central Europe.

Scope caps my version.

Hi All,
I had the same idea a few months back got sick of butler creek the break pretty easy.
So here,s my effort save you posting a photo or more smart comments;)View attachment 13406

hi thanks for the tip, i have just got a zeiss duralyt 3.12x50 scope and the rubber covers from my 7 x 42 swaro bino,s are made to measure, a perfect fit no tape required
atb geoff

Last edited:
Bit late on this thread but have a look at JS Ramsbottom. They do flip up scope covers at £4 a pop. You have to lift them up as there is no spring but they are robust and do the job well plus they are clear and can be viewed through if you are in a rush.
ATB

Back