first doe of the season

What have I been doing this season, oh well.

Out this morning on an invite with Teal :thumb:and both saw deer in different areas and a half chance for me but I blew it on the frosty ground. After stalking we moved a high seat to a good area on the ground where deer are showing at his and off I went after a bit of breaknosh at his. A little annoyed at myself for not shooting a doe which I really could have done better with, I went out on the hilly farm this evening where I shot the big fox a week odd back.

I haven't shot a deer in a while and I was worried that it was me being too fat or something after xmas (I am a bit tubby to be fair). There's a few roe round and about the farm that are fairly challenging but walked right into one that stood about the 120 mark in rushes and dropped it about the 100 with a little sneak forward off a single stick wedged in the ground, my proper sticks and proper bins are still in Teals truck. Bollox!

So a nice doe sorted for the farmer who's really partial to a bit of venison now and again. All is well, back in the zone

Well done Paul. Nice to get off the mark! At least you did not try to lie down and phone someone :doh: and then miss the doe.

Out in the morning to see if I can get her this time

Catch you soon

ATB

Andy

it about time your even more unlucker than me,wont disagree on the tubby side:rofl:

Last edited:
you tart, at least you didn't say bald. Need to get you both out again soon. Bertie at annandale is the wost for phones, twice when getting in on the deer in one day but the fallow didn't mind.

Nice one mate, good to get your account re-opened! Could have always taken a tree trunk if you'd blanked!

Tom

Well done paul just back from Andrews thanks for the sticks mate a bit cheap but they will do. every one seems to be a bit slow on the does this season so dont worry swings and roundabouts and all that

Back