Scottcountry video glasses

JAYB

Administrator
Site Staff
After having seen these sort of thing elsewhere I found them on Scottcountry's website and decided to give them a try. I phoned up Friday afternoon and was in possession of them Saturday morning, that does not happen a lot when you live in a post code that normally is met with a sharp intake of breath and a "that will incur extra charges" statement.

I charged them up and nipped out back of the house for a short run on the quad, as far as I can see the only talent you need is to be able to put on a pair of glasses and look where you are going, it really is that simple. So, are they any good? well I think so. Once they are on it is just like wearing glasses, no weight or bulk or anything to make you aware of them, you can also take photographs with them. Just click on the picture.

What I did learn is that the quality on photobucket is nowhere nears as good as it is on my computer viewing the original file. Also riding a quad over rough ground and looking around, as you do, is not very helpful for those watching, but in my defence because you are not holding onto a camera and trying to point it in the right direction you forget that you are filming. They would be really good for when you are watching deer from a high seat, well not just deer everything really and for those people that like to make videos of their dogs tracking they would be ideal, both hands would be free and the dog would be in view all the time.

Bottom line are they worth it?, in my opinion yes they are and as an added bonus what about the odd run in with Mr & Mrs Stroppy, it would all be on camera and available for the Police to view when they report you to them for whatever they can think up.

Here is the link

http://www.scottcountry.co.uk/produ...s-Camera-With-Inbuilt-Video-Recorder-4307.htm

John

Cracking idea, do they have a zoom? Wonder if you would be able to shoot with them on?

Last edited:
Cracking idea, do they have a zoom? Wonder if you would be able to shoot with them on?

No zoom that would mean extra size and weight, don't see why you could not shoot with them on, shotgun defineatly.

Very good old yen has you wife seen the video mate. Looks like you go were you shouldn't :eek:

Ya cheeky wee who**, thats the flat bit out back, I'll maybe do the hilly bit later in the week :D

John what about looking through scopes n binos, what they like with that?

They will not record what you see through a scope or binos as the lens is in the centre of the frame above your eyes.

John

It reminds me of the research they did about where customers look when they go around supermarkets... they fitted people out with these special glasses to see where people's eyes are naturally attracted to... what shelves, what products etc.... and then recorded a load of blokes scanning the beer aisle and the young checkout girls :lol:

Back