Well im so miffed its untrue.

bobjs

I have moved to a new house ans im finally getting things sorted, loading room built in the garage, old stuff sold on and i thought i would do the paperwork thing today,

sorting out all the paperwork was the plane for the day,

1, sort out the rifle transfer slips for last/this year and shred them if not current etc............... DONE.
2, sort out the shotgun transfer slips as above,................................................................ DONE.
3, sort out the records booklet( a clip file is what i use to hold all my records etc)This is the thing that contains every thing from bunny shooting to deer, dates and times that we have booked in with the police log numbers etc, and the forms to register as a dispatcher for the county ??

well i found the folder ok, (the outer cover with the clips in it) but i could not find the internals, all the records of everything i have shot since i started some old permission slips, paper photos of deer taken etc, zeroing targets and some old load data.

the wife came in about 10 minutes ago so i asked her, have you seen the contents of the folder love,

she said thats the stuff you said i could throw out when i asked you about 2 days after we got here as it had all came out of the bottom of a torn cardboard box,

I have done this :dummy:just had to let some steam out so i hit the wall with a 2lb lump hammer and smashed the hell out of one of my GONGS.

not flipin happy, everything i have done over the last 10 years + has gone,

what the f can i do.

nothing.

a not to happy

bob

Would the wife look good mounted on the wall. Or is that not legal these days
Bad luck bud somethings can never be replaced
Sorry that your going to have to start again

A long walk with the dogs comes to mind followed by a swift couple of pints on the way home and then take advantage of the Mrs feeling guilty when you get in . It wont bring the paperwork back but at least you would have done a few of the things you enjoy .
Ps dont forget to tell her you will have to do twice as much stalking to set the records str8.

I have moved to a new house ans im finally getting things sorted, loading room built in the garage, old stuff sold on and i thought i would do the paperwork thing today,

sorting out all the paperwork was the plane for the day,

1, sort out the rifle transfer slips for last/this year and shred them if not current etc............... DONE.
2, sort out the shotgun transfer slips as above,................................................................ DONE.
3, sort out the records booklet( a clip file is what i use to hold all my records etc)This is the thing that contains every thing from bunny shooting to deer, dates and times that we have booked in with the police log numbers etc, and the forms to register as a dispatcher for the county ??

well i found the folder ok, (the outer cover with the clips in it) but i could not find the internals, all the records of everything i have shot since i started some old permission slips, paper photos of deer taken etc, zeroing targets and some old load data.

the wife came in about 10 minutes ago so i asked her, have you seen the contents of the folder love,

she said thats the stuff you said i could throw out when i asked you about 2 days after we got here as it had all came out of the bottom of a torn cardboard box,

I have done this :dummy:just had to let some steam out so i hit the wall with a 2lb lump hammer and smashed the hell out of one of my GONGS.

not flipin happy, everything i have done over the last 10 years + has gone,

what the f can i do.

nothing.

a not to happy

bob
Mate, I feel for you here but you should not be too angry with the lady because she was only trying to help you, its not like she did it on purpose, accidents happen and as someone else said, its not as tough anyone has died or been hurt.
I had a rather nasty shock a couple of years back when my joinery workshop got broken into by some Gypsy peasants who took all of my gear, except for the machines because they weighed too much for their scummy little vans to carry them away in. I lost £30,000 worth of tooling, and hand tools that id had since my first days training when i was but only 16. The insurance company sent in some total bitch of a loss adjuster who treated me like a criminal and then reduced my claim down to £8000 based on the equipment not being new !
In the end I just took the approach that it was a rough deal but not as bad as some people experience and that I just had to wind my neck in and start again from scratch.
Be great full that you have a wife who tidy's stuff up and start a new system thats backed up on your smart phone and computer.

Kind regards, Olaf

well lads.

I'm sat here with a wee dram (the first since new year as im no drinker.) and it feels good, i think i will have to keep the stuff on a pda or something like that, i know its not her fault it just easy to blame someone else when i should have kept it with my other documents.

needless to say im miffed but there is one thing that can't get lost (well just now it can't) thats the memories the feelings and the utter enjoyment of doing what i do.

back to the good side of life, i will be working in the loading room later making some 243 and 20 tac loads up ready for later in the year.

thanks lads.

bob.

All that over some paper!,............................... man you need a holiday!:rolleyes:

hi bud

i know i do, but so does the wife, she's been a stalwart since i got laid off and then the neck problems and with the army pension funds running out we have to pull our belts in even more,

bob.

Hi you have not had a bad day .

One of my friends has cancer had the opps the kemo the radio. none of this has worked.
I take him shooting as often as i can .I can tell you that he's had a BAD DAY. He's 44.
Never mind the paper go shooting enjoy your self regards brian

Bob, you'll just have to go out and do some more shooting!

I'm working on the lot where I live, so might well have a fair bit of land to manage the deer on soon! Might need some help with it, it's 2000 acres!

You still have the memories mate. Look on the bright side, now you do not have the paper to challenge those larger than life stories that always seem to come up in the mind when you recount a certain memorable occassion. Enjoy your memories. :thumb:

sometimes I wonder if I spend way too much time making notes, keeping records, etc. etc. etc. stalking notes, planting and ground preparation notes, future plans for the shooting grounds, game diary, deer management plan, fishing diary, hiking diary, mountaineering diary and plans, reloading notes, etc. etc. etc.

I wonder if it's all worth it and if one should just enjoy the experience and keep the memories up in the grey matter.

it's like sometimes you see people taking photo's and video of everything around them and at events and parties, seriously - life through a lens,,they live their life based on a review of what they've seen through that lens, never what they see with their own eyes first hand..

blah blah blah,,,oh well, dinner time is coming up...really p1ssed the wife off tonight, unpacked some new cutlery she bought and started washing it,,,should NOT have done that - 20 minutes of yelling :oops::(:( would rather have lost some paper than ever do that again:doh:

needless to say im miffed but there is one thing that can't get lost (well just now it can't) thats the memories the feelings and the utter enjoyment of doing what i do.QUOTE]

That's the thing Bob - nobody can take away your fond memories.

Take care,

Bob

And a life...!

what the F do you mean with that statement, i have a life mate,:rolleyes: plonker.

What Army pension funds running out? ] my Army pension funds that i have after contracting out of SERPS. im using it to pay my mortgage and other bills since i was laid off,

its something you ern for serving your country as a member of the Armed Forces.

bob.

Back