Bambi!

Win Mod 70

You know how it is when you do something realy stupid.
I'm keen to keep my daughters natural interest in all thing wild, she eats venison with me (dispite my wife being a veggie) and will help pluck pheasants when I bring them home. Well Sunday afternoon after coming home from an early outing on fallow. Or as my daughter (nearly 4) puts it going out to see the deer. I came home and whilst trying to have a post stalking snooze on the sofa I put the Bambi DVD on. I don't know why. I know the story. So how stupid did i feel when my daughter asked "where's Bambi's mum gone daddy"?
Couldn't bring to tell her she's in the freezer.:doh:

It was re released at the cinema about 15 years ago,
we took my niece and nephew.
on the way out, a little voice asked,
did you shoot bambis mum uncle mike?

I still shiver when I remember the moment when my daughter realised the pie she had just enjoyed was venison, "you made me eat Bambi!" she screamed and stormed out! 14yr olds eh? of course I may have made things worse when I pointed out that the meat was from a mixed pack so Thumper was in there as well :doh:

My daughter has always been pretty reasonable about where meat comes from, although in the very early years I used to say things like "it was good of the pheasant to give us some meat wasn't it" and such like. Then when "Babe" was released she watched intently and by this time was well aware the various animals and birds don't generously give us the meat they are the meat, when asked what she would like for her tea she thought for a moment and then announced bacon sandwiches !! That's my girl I thought :D despite a shed full of Yanks being put off eating pork when Babe was released there it didn't make a jot of difference to a down to earth English lass.
She has since dressed out trout, pheasants, duck and geese and helped to butcher deer; she is proud her dad has DSC1 & DSC2 and argues the case for shooting whenever other students think otherwise.

Back