EKA Swingblade

TotalNovice

Hi,

I just wondered what the general consensus is on the EKA Swingblade?

I'm considering purchasing one but just thought I'd get your opinions first.

Regards
TotalNovice

They look great don't they? The one I handled seemed really well made and I will be purchasing one soon. It would have been sooner, but I just got given a Flip'n'zip, which is the same thing in a folder rather than fixed blade. Comes in a neat pouch with a small folding saw too - just the ticket for the field.

Well basically It does the job, holds an edge, unzips and cuts...There is a snazzy technique to changing over from blade to the other bit...Mines black and you can get two types of blade as In the quality of steel...I ended up with the better one but only by luck, I cant remember the techicalities but If you do a search it will all become apparent...HTH

hi tn ive got a swingblade and found it to be very good for gralloch and very handy for skinning
atb tom

i bought swingblade last year best knife ive ever used for gutting deer

I got an Eka swing blade last year and so far i've used it on a couple of roe deer and about 6 moose, great bit of kit and I wouldnt be without one now.

The only slightly negative thing i would say is that its a bit fiddly to clean when the blood gets in, but you can just use the wifes toothbrush to fix that :lol:

Wayne Davies got hold of the ones made of the better steel, they are brilliant. I would be lost without mine.

Simon

Wayne Davies got hold of the ones made of the better steel, they are brilliant. I would be lost without mine.

Simon

Agree.

Make sure it's the EKA with Sandvik steel and not the Outdoor Edge one and get an orange one so you can find it when you drop it!

Great knife.

I have been using my swingblade for about two years.

Mainly Munties but a few Fallow.
Never had to touch the blade up and it's still like a razor.

It can be broken down for cleaning with the small allen key supplied if required.
I got the orange one and it has proved it's worth for those last light/darkness grallocks.

Agree.

Make sure it's the EKA with Sandvik steel and not the Outdoor Edge one and get an orange one so you can find it when you drop it!

Great knife.

If I was to order one 'online' how do I find out if it is the Outdoor Edge one?
Yeah, I will definately get the orange one?

Thanks for the replies fella's, much appreciated.

If I was to order one 'online' how do I find out if it is the Outdoor Edge one?
Yeah, I will definately get the orange one?

Thanks for the replies fella's, much appreciated.

I don't have one but am very tempted.

It seems that they are advertised as either being the outdoor edge ones as in bushwear, or the EKA ones as on amazon.

Last edited:
I googled it and it appears that they either have EKA on the sdie or Outdoor Edge, so I will order the EKA one.

Thanks for the advice fella's!

Put an order in today for the orange one with the Sandvik blade.

Told the wife and she said as it's my birthday today she would pay for it:D

Thanks for the info and advice fella's, it is appreciated.

Regards
TotalNovice

I've had mine for a year now. All in all it really like it, the gut hook is great for skinning and generally the knife has a nice hold.

Only two down sides, the sheath is pretty poor and wont last long -I got a replacement leather one of Ash243 on this site and it is fantastic. And the other thing the blade is a tad too short. I had to dispatch a Red Hind not too long ago and I wish the blade as a little longer for cutting the throat however it all worked out fine anyway.

Ali

I've had mine for a year now. All in all it really like it, the gut hook is great for skinning and generally the knife has a nice hold.

Only two down sides, the sheath is pretty poor and wont last long -I got a replacement leather one of Ash243 on this site and it is fantastic. And the other thing the blade is a tad too short. I had to dispatch a Red Hind not too long ago and I wish the blade as a little longer for cutting the throat however it all worked out fine anyway.

Ali

+1
Spot on.... I need a new sheath .... Any photos of the one you got made?
UK Guy

Back