Thread: SD'ers on Virgin Broadband

SD'ers on Virgin Broadband

If you've been having trouble getting onto the site it looks like Virgin have been having a few problems...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	full_213.105.172.18.png 
Views:	136 
Size:	17.3 KB 
ID:	11766

Yes, have indeed been struggling for about half an hour. Back now. Thanks JCS.

Same just went and did the dishes and made the beds back now.
    As I get older I have realised that I cannot please everyone. But I find I can easy piss every one off.

UK Internet traffic dropped 10% with Virgin down

and another 4% with 6P doing the dishes

Virgin are about to launch a 120Mb broadband package, I suspect they are working on their system as it has been slow or none existent over the last few days.

That explains a lot, wish they could get my land line sorted, Virgin engineer will soon be living outside my house.

From Virgin 13/1/2012

'Good news - we're giving you even faster broadband, for less.

You're already getting the UK's fastest widely available broadband, and starting this summer we'll be starting the roll-out to boost your speeds from up to 100Mb to up to 120Mb. We'll also be lowering the price of your broadband package in April to match the price of our 50Mb Broadband XXL packages. '

From Virgin an hour later

'Hello there,

Oops! That last email, 100Mb Broadband Announcement, was sent in error.

Please ignore this, and rest assured current Virgin Media Cable Broadband customers will be receiving some good news about their broadband in the next 2 weeks. We apologise for any inconvenience caused. '

Which is particularly funny since I'm on ADSL not Cable, and the fastest actual speed I've ever got is 7mb... when it's working of course.

I got those two Knottaclu I signed in to my Virgin media account and got this:

Your broadband speed boost

Your broadband is already pretty fast, but we know you'll need more in the future. Over the next 18 months we're going to be doubling your broadband speed, giving you and your family the freedom to stream HD movies and download music, films and games faster and more easily than ever before.
    Here's what you're on now and what you'll get after you've been upgraded:

Your current speed is up to 50Mb
    Your new speed will be up to 100Mb

With over 4 million customers to upgrade, it's not going to happen overnight. Our engineers are already at work around the country upgrading the network, area by area.
    Find out when your area is due to be upgraded. Check my area

Do I need to do anything now?

No, there's nothing to do right now and no need to contact us. We'll let you know as soon as there's any news about your upgrade.
    Some people may need a new modem to make the most of the upgraded broadband speeds. If you're one of them we'll be in touch, so keep your eyes peeled for letters and emails from us.