lamping foxes

big cat

just in from an early lamping session,:banghead: one of ma mate went in place of my mate that usually goes with me. it was had work as he had never been before,when he was lamping had to tell him that foxes dont climb trees:banghead:.next he was in slowmotion then on fast forward ,then lit me up like a christmas tree with the lamp,it amazing that at the end of the session we actually got one:fox:,think next time i'll give it a miss if my mate that normally goes cant make it, at least he got me out so thank to that

If your in a fix again mate gies a shout ,nothing worse than a dodgy lamper been there a few times myself :rofl:

Everybody has to start somewhere and according to your own discussion, the guy had never been lamping before.
I think its up to the experienced shooting party to impart knowledge and experience onto novices in the correct manner, this leads to safer and more effective shooting in my opinion.

Like you say though, at least you got out and managed to get a fox.

Did your new lamper also slam the car door and rattle the chains on all the gates?
Everybody has to learn sometime but it always seems like some folk don't give an ounce of thought to how it all works.

Here guys im not knocking the novices as you say everyone has to learn ,some are beyond learning tho,my worst experience was when my mate couldnt reach over the roof to get the right angle so gave the lamp to a visitor behind me who had shot and lamped thousands of foxes over the years.He turned the lamp on before even getting it out the window then 6 times Id to grab his hand and put him back on the fox he kept sweeping with the lamp:banghead:

I know what you mean last week we were seeing a fox when we were out walking the dogs. The girlfriend then wanted to come and shoot the fox, so I took the rifle with us and she lamped the beam was all over the place, up trees bouncing up and down everywhere, needless to say the fox didn't come near and hasn't since.

Know what you mean Big Cat. Going out with a new lamping partner wakes you up to your ways of working with your "normal guy". Even going out with another person who knows the score can change the routine but I agree with the others here, we all had to start somewhere.

Everybody has to start somewhere and according to your own discussion, the guy had never been lamping before.
I think its up to the experienced shooting party to impart knowledge and experience onto novices in the correct manner, this leads to safer and more effective shooting in my opinion.

thanks for that but explained everything on way there and as we were getting ready,and because it was windy he kept shouting because he couldn't hear me what i was trying to tell him out there,you can only try:doh:

where the hell am i going wrong with you then:doh::oops::D

I know what you mean last week we were seeing a fox when we were out walking the dogs. The girlfriend then wanted to come and shoot the fox, so I took the rifle with us and she lamped the beam was all over the place, up trees bouncing up and down everywhere, needless to say the fox didn't come near and hasn't since.

Thought you were out to shoot foxes:rofl:

Now which two "experienced lampers" got well and truely stuck requiring big help from a tractor.:rofl:
"Ah to be sure John the grounds just fine and hard"

Ha ha ha.....my record on Foxing speaks for itself....now Deer record lately....thats another matter ;)

I am working on the deer mate sooooon ha, emails away for piggy so will see if reply comes back. will see if my foxing skills get better for tomorrow. please don't hit me again.:eek: promise to hold lamp still.

Now which two "experienced lampers" got well and truely stuck requiring big help from a tractor.:rofl:
"Ah to be sure John the grounds just fine and hard"

Gazza......my recollection of that day was that the tractor was needing a run out and put through its paces that day......or something along those lines ha ha ha ;)

I am working on the deer mate sooooon ha, emails away for piggy so will see if reply comes back. will see if my foxing skills get better for tomorrow. please don't hit me again.:eek: promise to hold lamp still.

Sounds like a plan....i'll get rifles, caller and batts prep'd for tomorrow then :)

i know where you are coming from fella maybe before you ventured out you should have taken a few moments to just explain what will be happening and how to go about it, the first time i introduced my youngest son to foxing (he was 13 at the time) we were out on the 300 acre told him what we would do and how we would go about it we were tucked up in the seat when he shouted out DAD THERE'S ONE can laugh about it now but it was a git at the time.

paul

Back