Bushnell Rangefinder

Armo

I've been considering the Bushnell 1500 (ARC) Rangefinder which appears to get excellent reviews on Cabelas and elsewhere. It's more for target than deer.

Can anyone comment on it - good or bad?

Second question - does anyone know where to get good priced optics from here or the US? The pound making the latter less good value than 8 mths ago.

I bought the Bushnell 1000 ARC rangefinder and binocular combo deal from cabelas.

The range finder is very good for the money. It 'pings' trees to over 500m.
The ballistic setting is also very good. you put in your ballistic data in via a spraed sheet will most of the bullets out there.
Then this will give you your bullet drop over your 'pinged' distance and it has got the angle of your target from your position.
Don't think it's available over here yet.
Paid about £ 220 inc shipping

Jonathon

Got one and very happy with it. It's not a replacement for a Swarovski or Leica bino, but the ranging is very good and consistend. The bullet drop info is handy if it suits your rifle/bullet combination. BTW updates available on the Bushnell website (a lot more info than on the CD). Cheers, Rene.

I require educating on the rangefinder thing WHY would you want to carry one with you ?

I don't know about anyone else on here I like to go out as light as possible .

When I'm stalking I read the ground know the distance that I can safely shoot out to, very max about 250 Mt's after that it becomes deer shooting, the thrill for me is in the stalk, the shot just doesn't shake my chamois's at all , when i get into a beast I don't want to spend time messing about with a rangefinder ,especially on Reds, one wrong move there off .

Education required .

widows son said:
I require educating on the rangefinder thing WHY would you want to carry one with you ?

I don't know about anyone else on here I like to go out as light as possible .

When I'm stalking I read the ground know the distance that I can safely shoot out to, very max about 250 Mt's after that it becomes deer shooting, the thrill for me is in the stalk, the shot just doesn't shake my chamois's at all , when i get into a beast I don't want to spend time messing about with a rangefinder ,especially on Reds, one wrong move there off .

Education required .

WS - think you'll find the answer in the second line of my original post.

Thanks for the other replies - it certainly appears to be a well regarded piece of kit. I see one is advertised on Uttings but is considerably more expensive than importing from the US, even with postage and exchange rate variation taken into account.

Back