Thread: I ought say hello

I ought say hello

I subscribed not long ago, so I ought introduce myself. My name is Jonathan and I live in the north east. Of England, that is. I'm in my early 50s. I work with firearms and ballistics as part of my job, and though I have a RFD certificate Iím not a retailer; Iím not a rifle smith either.

Iíve been stalking deer and boar since the 1980s, when I was in Germany with the forces. At that time, I was merely stalking them, I wasn't shooting them. Iíve been stalking in the UK with a rifle since the late 80s. My stalking companion is generally my GWP. He is my fourth GWP. I think you could say I'm wedded to the breed. I was also a falconer for 15 years, here and in Germany, and flew goshawks and a redtail, and I worked ferrets throughout that time for the hawks and net.

I have a variety of rifles from .223 through to .375 and much in between. About half are sporting rifles, and half military rifles, and a few are targets rifles. I know, that adds up to more than a whole. I am also the secretary of a rifle club, hence the target rifles.

Thanks for the intro,

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Hi JMS
    Welcome to the site, I have a GSP. Two out of the three GWP I have met growled at me maybe they are just good judges of character

Welcome JMS
    Nah Wayne they're just aggressive thugs of the dog world

Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site:
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports