Thermal Image Footage Of A Fox Sniffing Around After A Bunny

Paddy_SP

I've also posted this in the 'Articles' section:

The footage in the link below was taken on the same night as my thermal video of the fox being shot that was the subject of a thread here a week or so ago - I've only just got around to editing it though. Firstly, the left hand arrow in this photo shows where the fox was hunting - the distance is about 350 yards:

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i207/Paddy_SP/DSC_0005b.jpg

The right hand arrow shows where the fox in the previous video was shot.

Here's the link - please bear in mind that I compressed it before uploading it to YouTube, so the quality isn't particularly good:

that is a serious bit of kit :eek: that is scary technology no where to hide from that baby is there :!: physically how big is the unit ?

Thats great Paddy. What was moving in the bottom left of the image near to the start of the video? Looked samller, maybe a hare? Running diagonally right to left downwards.

that is a serious bit of kit :eek: that is scary technology no where to hide from that baby is there :!: physically how big is the unit ?

Bloody huge - it weighs 6.5kg and is twenty inches long. It's strictly for use as an area surveillance system - in other words, you use it to find a fox, then leave it on the tripod and head off after Charlie with the NV. There are some photos of the unit here: Thermal Foxing – The First Stages

more importantly can us mear mortals afford such a piece of kit?

Sadly, these things are few and far between, and command a healthy price...:(

Thats great Paddy. What was moving in the bottom left of the image near to the start of the video? Looked samller, maybe a hare? Running diagonally right to left downwards.

I think that was probably another rabbit, but it could have been a hare. It's amazing what you do see with it! :)

Last edited:
Back