Lamping battery - ways to carry

My other battery was a lot more mobile, it was a Corsa battery in a bucket! And accounted for many a freddy.:D

Here's how I carry my lamp battery
;)

DSC_0027.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

I used to use an ex army gas mask bag.

I bought It from the bay, It fits 2x7ah batteries and has a long strap so that you can turn It Into a backpack.

my mate made me a padded shoulder bag out of heavy duty fabic. works a treat
who was he ? an incredibly talented helpful chap i bet, the sort of bloke that would make a bench rest table for you as-well i expect:D

Can you tell me where from ?, I've trawled the net and I can't find a suitable 12v lithium battery with a decent a/h output for that sort of money

I just bought a 9.8aH 12v Lithium bare battery for £27 shipped to my door.
if you want longer aH than that buy two smaller ones, you will find that two small ones at 9.8 are less than the price of a 19.6aH!
I have no interest in paying Deben £200 either and I dont need a little light to tell me how much is left.
Lithium batteries dont have anything like the "memory" that lead acid or nicads have so charging them from 1/2 to full is not an issue.

I am now looking for a decent bayonet male to female connector so I can cut the Deben one of and fit my own to the lamp and the new battery.

it will mean I have a Deben Tristar Pro LED lamp kit with 9.8aH power for around £75.
sounds better than the £280 they want for light and 10aH battery!!

you can get batteries on eBay but just google Lithium 12v and you will see how ridiculous Deben's prices are

I now use neutrik 3way heavy duty straight XLR plug and socket on my lamp and battery ,

X-HD Series Heavy Duty XLR Connectors

Heavy duty 3 way line connectors developed for outdoor use. When mated together they provide protection against water and dust ingress to IP65 rating. The cable mounting male connector features an all metal, stainless steel shell. The female is fitted with a metal strain relief bushing and rubber jacket for necessary protection. The connectors may also be mated with other 3 way ’XLR’ compatible cable mounting plugs and sockets and will provide protection to a minimum of IP54.
Max. wire size
2.5mm[SUP]2 [/SUP](14awg)
Rated current per contact
16A
Cable outside diameter
3.5 to 8.0mm
Number of ways 3

xlr socket.jpgxlr plug.jpg

Last edited:
I now use neutrik 3way heavy duty straight XLR plug and socket on my lamp and battery ,

X-HD Series Heavy Duty XLR Connectors

Heavy duty 3 way line connectors developed for outdoor use. When mated together they provide protection against water and dust ingress to IP65 rating. The cable mounting male connector features an all metal, stainless steel shell. The female is fitted with a metal strain relief bushing and rubber jacket for necessary protection. The connectors may also be mated with other 3 way ’XLR’ compatible cable mounting plugs and sockets and will provide protection to a minimum of IP54.
Max. wire size2.5mm[SUP]2 [/SUP](14awg)
Rated current per contact16A
Cable outside diameter3.5 to 8.0mm
Number of ways 3

View attachment 12344View attachment 12343
ive been using these for 4 years now, they are superb, come to think of it thats something else ive supplied Jay22 with:D

Back