Lamping battery - ways to carry

woody

I have a 12v 17amp battery which I carry in a bag on the shoulder, is there another way of carrying it. Years ago I saw an article on a lamper who had fixed his to a plastic frame (not sure what it was called but think firemen carried breathig tanks on it) and it distributed the weight on the back and shoulders.I think this would be the best method, dont want to use a standard rucksack. Anyone what these frames are called?

Thanks

Woody

army waterbottle pouch off webbing on a heavy weight belt or of you get a webbing rig that's super sweet to carry, webtex chest rig is what I have

Buy a lithium battery and slip it in your pocket . :D

+1 for above, Christ they are expensive but if you do any lamping at all i'd recomend selling your garn for one. I have a deben one and it fits on belt; hardly any weight at all. I used to carry a 17ah nightseacher battery after a nights lamping i was fit for bed with these buggers!!!!!!

lithium is the way to go if you are carrying batteries. there are expensive but worth every penny if you lamp alone.

years ago when i was a kid we had a car battery in a plywood box with a seat belt for the shoulder strap :doh:
with a car spot light and take turns carrying it hard going it was tried it on my own one night after the first hour
and 5 rabbits on my belt i thought ( the hell with this ) went home yeah thank god for the 21st century
at least as far as lamping goes got a lithium belt kit now

An army cott vest will do nicely and will allow you to comfortably carry other kit to and yo can do a bit of modification work to !

I have a 12v 17amp battery which I carry in a bag on the shoulder, is there another way of carrying it. Years ago I saw an article on a lamper who had fixed his to a plastic frame (not sure what it was called but think firemen carried breathig tanks on it) and it distributed the weight on the back and shoulders.I think this would be the best method, dont want to use a standard rucksack. Anyone what these frames are called?

Thanks

Woody

I prefer in the car.....

Sorry couldn't resist

see the other thread in "equipment".
Lithium doesnt have to break the bank.

a decent Ah battery neednt cost more than £30-40 depending on what you are running.
Switch to LED and gain even more life.

Manufactuers of bettery run products have you by the balls when the battery is a specific modular one for say a cordless drill, but when it just has a generic plug, go to source and get a simple cell.
If you can wire a plug or change a light bulb you can wire up a torch/lamp

I have 2 options that I use. For shorter trips out I have a CQB (Assalt) Vest that takes one battery perfectly, and plenty of space for any other crap I want to take. For longer nights out I have a cut down webbing rig of 2 utility pouches on a belt and yoke. I have wired up 2 batteries in paralell, and it's the most balanced way that I have.

I will look into this as dont wish to spend a couple of £200 on a 12v 17amp battery from debens as have NV to purchase.

i use an old falconry vest put battery in back game pocket connects around front with quick realease pockets on side for calls and other usless items that we all carry but seldom use jobs a good un

ATB Paul D

Not the best way but it does for the minute after our old battery packed in:p

Attachments

• 20120107_105652.jpg
    20120107_105652.jpg
    357.1 KB · Views: 23
Back