Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: moderator change

moderator change

guys quick one!! ive got a mod on my ticket, and i want to buy another and sell my one on my ticket! can i buy another one before i sell the other? the new one will be the same 30 cal / one for one. cheers

My understanding is that you do not need an FAC to purchase a moderator, but you do require it on your FAC before you can put it on a weapon and use it. Don't know where that gets you with your problem. Maybe a call to your FEO would sort it out.
    It's accuracy that kills.

i am sure you will have to do a one for one variation

How is it listed on your cert? If it's unknown make and no serial number many RFDs take a pragmatic view that 1 unspecified moderator could be another.

If there is a make or SN then you need a 1 for 1.

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

id do a one for one variation doesnt take long to do.

I have just doen a couple of 1for1's, I also said I had a moderator that was on the way out.
    I have ended up with all the slots I wanted, plus a new condition......
    I may purchase a moderator and get rid of the old one within 30 days, once done I have to return my FAC for amendment.
    As it happens this will expire before I do the swap, being skint I will carry on until the old mod falls apart

thanks for your imput i just checked my ticket and it says a moderator! no numbers or makers names, surely i could sell it and buy another and just let them know my new maker and numbers?

does it state full bore moderator?

guys just checked my ticket just says moderator !! nothing else no makers names or numbers! come to think of it a while ago i sold my 308 and brought another and told them in writing i have not had a visit from oll plod saying i cannot!! surely i could sell and buy another
    cheers chris.

it depends on how its written in "Firearms possessed, or authorised to be purchased or acquired" and what you have written in "table 1 Firearms"