My new toy, just waiting for new certs!

digger9523

Here's my new baby!

DSC00969.jpg

Pick up a scope for it on Friday 3-18x50 Z6 with BR reticle:

thumb_500_500_Zielfernrohre_Z6_Z6i_3_18x50P_Z6_3_18x50P_L110.jpg

Now all i have to wait for is Sussex plod to get me my new certs after moving out of Kent back in December:cry: They reckon 3 Months:cry:

It's got this US Optics piccatiny rail on that i can remove, either to a new home or keep in for a rainy day:

DSC00970.jpg

Very sweet. :drool:

What caliber is it?
Could be hard work stalking fallow in the woods round here with that badboy.

Look at the barrel/proof stamp, it says 7.62 x 51, i.e. .308 Win. Shame it's not 7.62 x 57 though!

Nice looking bit of kit, bet she shoots rather well!

never said he wasnt, think the family disowned him a long while ago. He had a job in the local livery stables as I remember:rofl:.

Look at the barrel/proof stamp, it says 7.62 x 51, i.e. .308 Win. Shame it's not 7.62 x 57 though!

Nice looking bit of kit, bet she shoots rather well!

I expect she will shoot, I've yet to warm up the barrel on her though. Still umming and ahhing over the best mounts to stick the Z6 in, it's a 30mm tube and a 50mm lens, I'd like to keep it as low as possible. So perhaps some low rings on the piccatiny rail?

That barrel looks far too long long to me! For the money Leupold QRW are very good. It will shoot well but it's up to you about the barrel break in procedure. I got bored with it! AI were a bit non committal on the subject!

That barrel looks far too long long to me! For the money Leupold QRW are very good. It will shoot well but it's up to you about the barrel break in procedure. I got bored with it! AI were a bit non committal on the subject!

The barrel is 24 inches long to start with, but it seems ridiculous with the MAE moderator fitted! I've been using KG cleaning stuff for the last 5 or 6 years? I swear by the stuff. The bore polish is great for bedding in a barrel, and when i was doing service rifle comps with the forces at Bisley i used it to bed in a few new barrelled SA80's by a procedure called Fire Polishing. The first two years i used it i came 2nd and 1st respectively in the annual national skill at arms meeting and was 1st at all of the divisional SAAM's, just down to shooting good average scores across the board and having one of the best working SA80's in the British armed forces. KG cleaning gear and Tetra lube on the working parts made that automatic action nice and slick. I still use the tetra lube, but more often than not i rub a bit of Tetra grease onto the rifle bolts now. And the KG trigger lube is also good.

Did a shoot at Lydd where i fired 1400 rounds in two hours at varying distances. It stripped the first 4 inches of chrome from the bore, melted the hand guard and practically welded the gas parts to the rifle, but it didn't stop firing once. Went from spot on zero at 100 yards to firing at least 3 feet low and to the right by the end of the shoot! The rifle was sent off to be "Examined" after that. It was my final fling so i went out with a bang!

Needless to say I'll be doing the same ingrained bedding process on the AW, and I'd recommend it to anybody on here to try it on their rifles, new or used. A fire polish once in a while is good for the rifle.

i want one nick, its not fair......ill swap you for a pet muntjac that a friend of mine has ;)

oh please sir, oh please.....haha aslong as i dont have to sit on your knee too!!! i take my hat off to you mate, my eyes have gone a lovely shade of green

You will have to let me know when you are going down Campbell's range to shoot her, so I can come and have a go:norty:

Back